1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning D V D

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jatinhema, Feb 27, 2007.

1. jatinhema

jatinhema Member

I am looking for Muliti Rigion Burning D V D software. I am using Pinnacle 10 software for editing & Burning. I also have Ulead software for burning D V D. My dvd can not play on every dvd player. I am professional videographer. My customer from all over the world, so some country can not accept my dvd. Can some one advise what to do?

Jatin

2. mskimmy

mskimmy Guest

Try DVD Shrink or AnyDVD and my favorite DVDFab Gold or Platinum.

Kimberley

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

It sounds like the problem you're likely to have is two fold:
    -Region coding
    -Pal or NTSC formats

You need to select the correct region and correct format for that region in order for the disk to be recognized and played correctly.

1) Region coding.

DVD discs contain Regional Codes which can be used to prevent the playback of certain discs depending upon the geographical area it is played in. In most instances, discs manufactured in one region will usually play ONLY on players that were manufactured in that same region - this means that discs bought or imported from Japan will not play on U.S. players, and vice versa.

This site will explain and display region coding for various areas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code

2)Pal or NTSC formats

I believe that region 1 uses the NTSC format and all others PAL.

Depending on the region the disk is going to, the video files need to be either in PAL or NTSC format before burned to DVD disk in order to be played correctly.

DVD shrink(free) can be used to make compliant DVD video files region free or any region you choose (some players need to see a region code in order to play the disk) as shown here.
    [​IMG]

Get it here:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/CD-DVD-Rip-Other-Tools/DVD-Shrink.shtml

NOTE: If you have the video files stored on your harddrive and don't want to use shrink to remove region coding, try a handy little application called FreeDVD, you can get it here:
    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

Next, make sure the video files are in the correct format (PAL or NTSC) and then burn to disk. A good application that will do all this for you is convertxtodvd. You can get it here..
    http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

It's worth buying if you do this for a living.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  4. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

Hello;

I am new to this whole thing and am kind of stuck. Basically, i have been sucessfully copying dvds using DVD shrink and decryptor. Until now evything has went well. My first problem was that i could not open the dvd in shrink, i got "dvd shrink has encountered and error and cannot continue" so i used decryptor and sucessfully copied the movie to my hard drive. When i went back to shrink to then open, re-author and burn i had the same problem. This time the message is "invalid data in file". After reading some of these forums i can see that dont have alot of this software being discussed. I have shrink(newest version), dvd decryptor then nero and roxio. I do have another program which is called iso buster but i have not used that. I guess my questions are what would my next step be? Can i continue with just what i currently have? If not what do i need and how can i get it? Any help is greatly appreciated!

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cavic22,
    When you read those guides you just need to D/L Ripit4Me as that program will rip it to the HD and then correct the structural errors and then automatically open Shrink for processing.

In Roxio make sure you do not have Drag-To-Disc writing software installed as it will cause problems when you burn a DVD

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

cavic22 one thing that would be nice is if you could tell us what the name of the movie is, also nero and roxio don't play well togeather you should think about geting rid of roxio, back to the movie that won't rip if you do a search and i am sure that you will find that the movie that you are having problems with has been backedup and the members will let you know what worked for them, also welcome to afterdawn

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

cavic22

I've had some experience with Nero and Roxio. All I had to do was turn off the batch writing software. I could turn off Drag to Disc and not have a bit of trouble recording with Nero. However if I forgot and left it on, Drag to Disc would try to "hog" the drives. I'm aware it doesn't work the same on all systems. Some people have to remove all Roxio apps and use RoxiZap to get rid of any traces. I liked Roxio for handling music. But I prefer Nero with all its utilities for doing Video work. So if a decision had to be made, I'd go with Nero.

I'll agree with Car.Mike on the RipIt4Me and I think to some extent my personal experience mirrors what others have said here.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

jatinhema
    The decryption software mentioned is only needed if you're dealing with recording factory DVD movies. That's not something you're supposed to be selling. Region codes are part of the movie industry encryption system to control playability of releases from one region to another.

Dealing with personal compilations on DVD, all you have to worry about is PAL and NTSC format and playability. Having your discs professionally pressed to DVD ROM in the correct regional format would solve the problem. For a budget job and doing the compilation on a PC, you need conversion software. John mentioned ConvertXtoDVD. That one does well. Nero Vision does well, but it comes with the Nero 7 suite. You have to purchase other software. You can try the Nero trial though. It's full function and doesn't mark video output like the trial ConvertXtoDVD does. You can try both to see how you like them, but if you want to use the output, the Nero trial is the only one that allows that without marking the output.

For playability on a larger number of players, booktype your burned DVDs to DVD ROM. As I mentioned before, the only way to be 100% sure of reaching all players is to have the DVDs professionally pressed. Booktyping (or bitsetting) is only possible with some burners and using DVD +R or +R DL media. DVD ROM is the universal player format and booktyping to DVD ROM should fool most of them.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  10. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

Thank you all for this info. I am trying to copy the guardian. I went to the webpages link that Johnl123 provided and found a really helpful guide on using DVD decryptor and dvd shrink. I set all the settings as it specified and decrypted the movie perfectly but still had a problem in shrink. After using decryptor i went into shrink and set specified preferences then went to re-author and browsed to the area where the movie was and tried to open it to get the main movie over to the left side of the pain. The problem is that when i choose the foler the movie is in the files dont show up. It appears almost as if it is an empty folder. I then tried to play it back with nero to see if would work and was unsucessful there as well. I am not sure why and am really stuck now. Any sugesstions? Again, thanks for all this info, learned more in a night from afternoon then i have in the last month. Johnl123, i will be sure to start my own thread next time now that i understand the way the forums work.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You have Shrink and Decrypter installed, now finish up by installing RipIt4Me.
    http://www.ripit4me.org/RipIt4Me Installer.exe
    Then use RipIt4Me to bypass the copy protection and open the files in Shrink for you. Use the 1-Click mode and let RipIt4me do all the processing. Then when it opens the files in Shrink, all you need to do is use Shrink as you normally would and finish the backup.

12. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

Pacman,

Thanks!I will do this as soon as i get a chance and will let you know how i make out.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It only takes a couple of minutes to download and install. I think you may like it. Most who try it do.

14. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Thanks, I'll check it out. Normally I use RI4M and then use the files in RB for most jobs.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Okay... I visited the site and see what it is. That should be handy for newbs with no sense of handling files. It would be handy for anyone who doesn't already have Shrink and/or DVD Decrypter already installed. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

17. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

PacMan777
    It has been around for sometime and it is updated when Ripit4Me is. It is just another way to compress the menu's so they do not take up to much space if you want to keep the menu's.

Off topic,
    I thought you and John123 had enough posts to make Addict. You guys must be close

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The menushrink I'd seen before. I just never felt the need to use it. I don't use shrink much anymore except for the utilities, so my need for Menushrink is even less than before. The RipIt4Me all in one installer will be handy for a lot of people though. Wish I'd known about it before. It would have saved a lot of explaining.

I don't know about john, but I'm a long way from becoming an Addict. With luck I might close in on it in a year or 2. I guess it looks like I have more posts because I lumped a lot together over a short period. Bad weather has kept me inactive for a while and I've amused myself posting on the forums. I hope I'm not giving too much bad advice. ;)

19. cavic22

cavic22 Guest

Pacman, Your advice was excellent as i was sucessfull buring the guardian and two others that i originally had problems with. Ripit4me was the what i was missing, big help. Thanks alot!

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Glad you got everything under control. I think Car.Mike was the first to bring up RipIt4Me. I would have, but he got there first. RipIt4Me is one of the best programs to come along in a while. You should keep the update option on. If not 1.7.0.0 was just released. FixVTS is no longer separate in the folder in case you missed it. The code is now part of the program. If you got 1.7.0.0 as your first version, you didn't miss anything. LOL

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007