1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning digital camera movie files?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fils290, Mar 6, 2007.

1. fils290

fils290 Member

hey all i have a bunch of movies i made with my dig camera,they play almost perfect quality on my pc in full screen but i used nero 7 video cd option to burn em to a dvd-r,but when i play it on my tv its really pixelated,and it pops and stuff,is there a way to fix that or are dig camera videos just not made to be burnt?any help would be appreciated thnx :)

2. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

I've just tried burning my first videos from my digital camera and they look great. My camera (Panasonic DMC-TZ1) generates quicktime movies at 640x480 size, 30fps. It can do other sizes too but I haven't tried them.

I find I can add the .MOV file directly to a NeroVision project for making a DVD-Video and ask for highest quality and the result on the TV is just fine.

There are many things that impact the quality. Both camera settings and Nero settings. So far I've just stuck with the highest quality settings which generates huge files and take a long time to process but give great results.

--Larry

NeroVision Express 3

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

What brand of discs are you using and what speed are you burning at.

4. larrymcg

larrymcg Member

Well...Er.... My previous post was not right! I have discovered that if I add the original QT movie (xxx.MOV) file to a DVD-Video project it will not play correctly. If I preview the MOV file in the DVD-Video project, it plays for awhile but then the video will stop or turn black. The video is still playing because I can hear the audio. And if I burn the project to a DVD, the resulting disc plays but there is no video, just audio. The video part is all black.

The workaround seems to be to use QT Pro and export the movie to a movie (I use a different name to preserve the original). The exported version, which seems idential in all ways I can see, previews fine in the DVD-Video Project and a burned DVD disc plays fine in a DVD player too.

Hmmmm..... Very strange.....

--Larry

5. fils290

fils290 Member

im using tdk dvd-r's and im buring at 8x,hmmmmm thnx for the tips,ill have to check the quality i have it set on my camera,ill let u guys know if it works out,thnx for the replies btw :)