1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning double sided DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Calis, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Calis

Calis Guest

Hello,

Is it possible to copy a double sided DVD with Shrink (or any other program?)

I tried it in Shrink but got this error:

"Invalid DVD navigation structure"

Anyone have any ideas, I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

wel dvd shrink is like out dated and may not be able to handel the dvd you are trying to backup, you are trying to backup a type of disk known as a flipper, what other programs do you have that you are using to backup your dvd"s, the newer dvd's need other programs to get past the things the studios put on the dvd's to stop people from backingup thire dvd's, anydvd,ripit4me dvd region+css free are a few programs that you would want to use when you are wanting to make backup's of your dvd"s, if you would look at the top of this page you will see a tab that reads guides, if you click on that tab you will find all the information you will need to backup your dvd"s good luck

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Double sided disks, DVD9 or DVD18, are dealt with in the same manner as 2 DVD5s or 2 DVD9s. There's nothing special except it's like having 2 DVDs glued together. Instead of changing to another DVD, you flip the double sided disc over.

I've done the compiled burns with Shrink. You lack navigation except by the forward and reverse controls of the player. It works okay if one side is a continuation of the movie. When one side is a widescreen version and the flip is a full sreen version, then having some kind of menu is handier.

The Invalid DVD Navigation Structure is often brought on by not getting a good compliant decryption rip. Not saying that's the cause here, because editing files can sometimes cause the same error. Processing files with FixVTS usually fixes things if that's the problem.