1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning downlaod xbox 360 games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dammitdan, Jan 28, 2007.

1. dammitdan

dammitdan Member

i just got my 360 modded and when i download games off of the internet i get many different file types like .iso .img .dvd .000 the last two i listed the games always work no problem for me but i noticed that a lot of the games that i have downloaded are usually a .iso but whenver i burn them they never work. i wonder is there something that i have to do to get it to work. i use ImgBurn to burn my games and yes i have set the layer break to 1913760. also if it helps i have the hitachi drive in my 360.

2. JThomas05

JThomas05 Guest

when its just the iso then open notepad and type this is just like this

Layerbreak=1913760
    gamename.iso

replace the gamename with the name of the file... and save it as gamename.dvd and burn that with XBC

3. modster

modster Regular member

first of all, dude don't download games and play them. it's illegal. you should only backuup games that you have originals.

to answer your question, you need to use good DVD+R DL media (verbatim) and also booktype to ROM.

cheers

4. dammitdan

dammitdan Member

1 you can keep your opinion to yourself

and

2 i am using sony DL discs

5. modster

modster Regular member

listen you youngster, Don't be such a d*ck head!

you will never get help from me or anyone else here jackass!

So, don't tell me to keep my opinion to myself!

You are illegally downloading games without paying for it, and in turn rasing the price of the games for all of us!

so, pull your head out of your a*s and go buy the game! you cheap a*shole!

cheers though!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  6. dammitdan

dammitdan Member

i tell someone to basically mind there own business b/c i dont want to get into it with them and automatically im a youngster. i didnt come to this forum to have someone act as a parent towards me.

companies are not raising prices on games b/c of pirating them, its b/c they are greedy. they figure new technology and high price for the system so lets make the prices of the games a little higher so that the consumer feels as though they are getting what they pay for. look at music for example that is one of the biggest pirated things out and have prices gone up on cd's...no they have not, they have actually gone down.

you can cheers that for all i care. please dont reply to this either we both have said our 2 cents.

by the way thanks JThomas05 your method worked for me

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

how do you know for sure that he doesnt own the origonal. and how do you know he is a youngster? or are you just saying that he is since hes not a "senior member" as you are?? but he never states that he is downloading games that he does not own. he simply says that he is downloading them. maybe he is downloading them becuase he does not have the shd-162c dvd drive, or doesnt have a dvd drive that he wants to mutilate to do the hotswap method. therefore downloading the game is the only possible way to make his backup. and your post did not answer anything that he asked. obviously the problem is not with the media since he said he has allready made working backups. and even if he was downloading games ilegally he is not raising prices of the games. prices of 360 games or games for any platform in production have not increased due to "pirating." if this was the case then im sure that the origonal xbox or ps2 games would have increased a lot due to the swap disc method, or being able to put a HD in either platform and load games directly from that. so how about next time you leave your unwanted, and unneeded opinions to yourself. but to answer your question, doing what JThomas05 stated, should solve your problem.

8. modster

modster Regular member

senior member status has nothing to do with my statement. all you have to do is post enough threads and you will achieve this status.

I am sure that will get this senior member status soon the way you run your mouth wabashman!

So, how do you know that he does own the game? speculation? guessing? or just taking a cheap shot at my statement?

What are you? The nutty professor? Mighty Mouse to the rescue?

Why don't you and I both keep our unwanted opinion to ourselves? eh?

cheers

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i run my mouth no where near as much as you do. im lucky to see 1 out of 10 posts that you make that are actually useful in here. and if im anything it would be speedy gonzalez. nutty professor is stupid, and mighty mouse is alright but no-where near as cool as speedy is. and how do you know that he doesnt own the games that hes burning? guessing, speculating, or what?

10. modster

modster Regular member

you must be a follower and not a leader! rephasing my statement => "guessing, speculating, or what?"

well I know deep inside of that pea brain of yours, there is a little intelligence there. So use it.

btw search all my posting and you will see that more that 1 out of 10 are useful!

again, not a leader here folks! doesn't know how to use the search function.

well better rest that brain of yours. I'm outta of this thread. don't want to wate my time arguing with you. maybe someone you will be a leader like one of us. Good night speedy!

11. andro1d

andro1d Regular member

I think everybody just needs to take a nice, cold shower. All this arguing is building up too much sexual tension between you guys and all who read this bickering. Now if you excuse me, I gotta go rub one off.

Cheers, where everybody knows your name!