1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Dual Layered DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by CRV, Jan 6, 2003.

1. CRV

CRV Member

I searched for an answer to this but no one answered my exact question.

Can I burn a dual layered DVD to a 4.7g DVD-R if I use IFOedit and get rid of what I don't want, or just burn one of the layers? I realize I can't burn both layers, way too big...so can I just choose one of those layers?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Current Resistance[/small]

2. malum

malum Regular member

You can't have searched that hard

The answer is yes you can, and actually sometimes both layers will fit on one disc if you strip out all the extras. I think the film companies deliberately split it to two layers to make copying it more difficult, or they crank up the bitrate so that it doesn't fit on a single disc even if the film is only an hour and 40 minutes long or whatever.

3. FIXXER

FIXXER Member

Typically you can get a 90 min. movie from a DVD-9 to a DVD-5 if you get rid of everything else. Extra's, subtitles, commentary, all audio except for 1 5.1 channel or 2.0. You can keep the menu but some animated menus can be half a gig. And yes they do crank up the bitrate.