1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Dual Layered

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by E20, Apr 18, 2005.

1. E20

E20 Member

Let's say I'm burning a game that is 7 Gigs long. Is there any special things I have to do if I wanna burn the whole thing withouth downsizing it and burning it on a dual layered disc?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

depends on what mod you have.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If you have a Matrix Infinity or DMS4 Pro chip with the new flashes they have then no, you can just copy it and play.
    If you are using any other chip or Swap Magic (any version) then yes you will have to rebuild it to fit onto a DVD5.
    Plus of course have a dual layer burner to burn it, but i assume that you do.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  4. RyKnOw

RyKnOw Member

I have a V.5 Playstation. With a DMS3 mod chip installed. I also have a dual layer burner. Will my PS2 be able to read a copied dual layered disc? Not a rebuilt one, an exact copy of an original 8.0gig disc to a dual layered blank media. This would be helpful info just so I dont go buying dual layer blank media if my PS2 wont read it.

Also where is the best place to get this media?

5. steimy

steimy Active member

No, i do not think the DMS3 can do it, I know the DMS4 can due to the new Toxic flash . I don't think they made one for the DMS3.

You can get media anywhere, just get good media.
    I buy mine at Office Depot.