1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning duel layer dvds

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by SPUDS1, Jun 5, 2007.

1. SPUDS1

SPUDS1 Member

GURNARD, I read & followed your direction in your 9/22/06 @ 19:01 info on burning dvds. I tried it on one of my morekranky movies, it worked just fine. I do have the anydvd, decrypter, imgburn programs; I have a Plextor PX760A burner & have burned DL dvds with mixed results using anydvd & imgburn. I like your method better. 99% of the time when I back up my own dvds, I only want to record the movie. Using your method, is there a way to delete the periferal material when burning a dl dvd as I can do using Shrink?
    Many thanks.....SPUDS1

2. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

you can use dvdremake

to remove unwanted material. you will need to rip the dvd as a video_ts folder in order to load it into remake. you can also use vobblanker (freeware) but I prefer remake. after the folder has been edited you can convert it back to an iso with imgburn and then burn with imgburn. sometimes after editing out unwanted material the folder is small enough to fit on a dvd5.

the only time I use DL dvd's is when I merge 2 episodic dvd's and then compress them to fit on one DL dvd using rb/cce DL mode. for all other backups I remove unwanted material with remake and then compress to fit on a dvd5 (if necessary) using rb/cce.

3. SPUDS1

SPUDS1 Member

Many thanks, I'll give it a shot!

4. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi SPUDS :)
    sorry i missed this thread... haven't been on for a while. pleased that my short guide helped you. at least Mort81 has come to the rescue
    @Mort81 hi bud how you doing. long time no speak. hope all is well in your part of the world.
    @SPUDS back to your question another "over simplified guide"
    here's how i do movie only with shrink and decrypter.
    you will still need anydvd running in the background to get rid of protection's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope this helps

forgot to say..no need for a D/L disc for this..just a straight forward DVD5 (ordinary S/L disc)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

hi gurnard. where the heck you been hiding?

6. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

been doing my usual..lurking most of the time
    got really tied up in a learning curve (repairing/building computers) it takes a while for it to sink into this old brain.
    the new blood had taken over on here pretty much..so didn't think they would miss me alot, so got on with my life for a while