1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning dvd files on HD

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by AhuraM, May 19, 2007.

1. AhuraM

AhuraM Member

Hi all, I used dvdecrypter in file mode to save a dvd to my hard drive, I would now like to burn these files onto a double DVD disk so I can play it on any standalone dvd player. My question is, do I just copy the files I have on my hard drive to the dvd disk in nero, will it then play on my external dvd player, is there something else I must do?

Thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Try using ImgBurn (Freeware) created by the same person who created DVD_Decrypter. You can find some really good guides on the site.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If you have Nero Recode: Run Recode, click 'Copy Entire DVD to DVD', 'Import DVD', then go highlight the Video_TS folder of the movie on the HD. Recode will begin to analyse the movie. Afterwards, click 'next', choose 'destination', then burn away.

But since Decrypter is working for you, a simpler way would be to set 'Mode' of Decrypter to 'iso---read' to rip the original dvd onto the HD as an iso image, then set 'Mode' to 'iso---write' to copy the movie from the HD onto a blank dvd.

Both Nero and Decrypter have a very solid burning engine, so these methods should work for you.

Happy DVD ripping!

4. AhuraM

AhuraM Member

Thanks so much guys very helpful, I also found "Shrink" that also compresses the video to fit on one disk, awesome.

Thanks.

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Yes, you can use Shrink to compress, reauthor, then turn the movie into an iso and burn with Decrypter or ImgBurn.

Happy DVD burning!