1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD for PS Two flip top + SM 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by freakusan, Feb 22, 2005.

1. freakusan

freakusan Member

Hello!

I am requesting help. I have a PS Two SCPH-700XX. I DO NOT have any mod chips installed. I have a fliptop installed and Swap Magic 3.3. I have an NTFS HD and an 8X DVD+-R burner. I have Memorex 8X DVD+Rs and TDK 8X DVD-Rs

I have tried the ISOBuster method here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/156785 . I have also tried the DVD Decrypter ISO Read and Write at 1X method.

I have had very little success getting my backups to boot. I was able to get WWE Smackdown VS RAW to boot and play except the audio commentary is very choppy. I have made numerous coasters trying to get The Suffering and Yourself Fitness to boot at all. I have tried both DVD+R and DVD-R disks.

Questions:
    1. My PS2 makes a ton of noise when trying to read. It it because my coasters aren't being seen as PS2 disks and I'm putting the laser through hell?

2. Is there a fix or patch that I am missing? If so where can I get them?

3. Is the choppy video/audio normal for backups?

Any threads or links or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!

2. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

if your PS2 makes noise while its reading the swap agic discs, mine does that sometimes too, but had no problems..... there might be some fixes out there for thoe games..also have you tried to rebuild them using ISO Buster.....no choppy video and sound is not normal for backed up games.... NFL Street 2 did that to me until rebiult it iso buster with the patch....after that had no problems

http://www.ps2ownz.com/

has a lot of patches and fixes for games...register to that forum.....but youll have to wait 5 days to post anything on the message boards....but i believe you can get fixes for games before then....check them out...

HTTP:\\www.ps2ownz

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005
  3. steimy

steimy Active member

for most games you will not need a patch. I know
    Smackdown VS Raw & The Suffereing you don't because i backed mine up just fine. Why it is not reading it could be a few things. One of which is the Memorex DVD's. I could never get those to work for me,Also i never use anything below 8X, although there are people here who i am sure use them all the time i had nothing but failure with them. Try using some different media like an 8X DVD-R, most people seem to like Verbatim & TDK but i have not tried those. I have used Imation & Phillips myself. The Phillips discs work every time. Everything else you are doing sound right to me. Always set the burn to 1X, even though your burner will actually burn at a higher speed, like mine burns everything at 3.8X no matter where i set DVD Decrypter.

4. kingjake

kingjake Guest

sounds like the DVD are you problem. I would recommend Ritek DVD-R media and you should have no problem. DVD Decrypter works best for me - an simple iso read then iso write and you have your backup. Media issues are well known for the skipping audio problems you have described.

5. freakusan

freakusan Member

I have been reading that DVD+Rs are the best to use on the new Slim PSTwo. The TDK DVD-Rs don't boot at all. The Memorex DVD+Rs work, but are choppy when I play.

Any suggestions?

6. kingjake

kingjake Guest

My bad. I missed the part on the slim line ps2. I do not have a slim line machine so I cannot speak to that. Sorry.

7. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

Patches are neccessary for some games ....my NFL Street 2 was running choppy, and music skipped... i downloaded the fix, and now its works perfectly.,.....And i use Ridata 4x dvd media

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005