1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvd from torrent

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by bawtry34, Mar 23, 2010.

1. bawtry34

bawtry34 Member

can anyone please advise.
    i selected the following torrent."shutter island" from btjunkie and downloaded it.I then opened this download in ConvertXto dvd and burnt it.
    when i tried to play this in my DVD player Igot a message saying UNREADABLE DISK.
    what am i doing wrong

2. attar

attar Senior member

Are you sure you didn't burn a PAL disk (if you are in North America, ConvertX should be explicitly set to output NTSC).

Does the disk play ok on the PC.

Is the download good (does it play ok).
    ConvertX will output to a folder on the HDD (no need to burn immediately) - can you play the files?
    If the files play ok, try burning the folder to disk using ImgBurn.
    If the output disk doesn't play on the PC - start using 'Verbatim' disks.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  3. bawtry34

bawtry34 Member

Hi Attar
    I am in England and the the disk did burn in pal.The program I am using is convertXDVD4 which may help you understand my problem better.
    The disk does not play on my PC.How do you check if the download is "good"?
    The file I downloaded is an DVDRip Xvid so would you expect that to copy
    o.K.Many thanks for your interest.

4. attar

attar Senior member

OK

Do the output files play OK on the PC - there should be a 'VIDEO_TS' folder with the output wherever ConVertX saved them.

5. startrek7

startrek7 Member

the way to test if your download is good is by playing your orignal file (xvid) back. Your file was either a cam or dvdscr (PM me for details on this), so quality wasn't the main thing in the original file. I have dl'd countless vids (400mb mkv files, the tricky ones) and they converted and played ok. you could use img burn to create an iso, and use a virtual disc program like virtual clone drive or dvdfab virtual drive, and mount the iso to see if your pc's dvd drive can handle the file correctly. It looks like a good movie, I'll dl it when I finish burning a few of my other found movies!