1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD game to CD w/ CDRWIN

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Joem72, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Joem72

Joem72 Member

Can anyone tell me the trick to burning DVD games that were ripped (w/Bin & Cue), to a CD using CDRWIN? I have not been able to burn a successful copy yet. No problems using Swap Magic discs w/ DVD backups but no luck with the CD's that were originally DVD games. I'm sure there is a topic on this somewhere but I'm not having any luck finding it after hours of searching. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PS2 v5
    Swap Magic Discs
    CDR Media - Both TDK and Imation

2. account

account Guest

well for one the swap magic discs can't read dvd rips unless you have the swap magic 3 cd but that only plays a few games.

check out my site http://jgames.50megs.com

3. Joem72

Joem72 Member

Yeah, I have the Swap Magic 2.0 CD I just purchased last week. I just thought that maybe a "patch" needed to be applied to the CD before burning it since it originally came from a DVD game w/ some movies ripped out. I didn't try uncompressing the .BIN and burning it to a DVD though (if that will even work). The .BIN files are about 800+ megs but if trying to burn the .BIN to a DVD with Nero, it asks to insert a CD instead of a DVD.
    Thanks for the reply.

4. account

account Guest

ya cause it was made to be on a cd and there are allways alot of movies sometimes all of them are ripped out it depends what you take out to make it fit on a cd but there is a way to make it work by ripping it even smaller so the the toc is under i think 650 mb cause the swap magic is unable to load games over that size.