1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD movies along with the extra's for PC user

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by etudela, Feb 16, 2005.

1. etudela

etudela Member

Hi, I've been making backup copies of some of my DVD's and notice that on some of them have some programs in them that have the automatically play when you pop them into the computer. A good example is Spiderman 2 (Disc 2), other have either a website link, a simple game or some dvd viewing software. I use DVDShrink to rip the movies to my drive as a full backup, then use Roxio V6 Creator Classic and burn the backup copy as data. Here's where it gets interesting, when I add the 2 DVD folders to Roxio, it shows an icon thats its a movie file and looks like a "CD and Movie Reel Film", letting me know its a movie data. However when I add any other files other that the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS, that icon disappears. I tried burning it when that happens but my home DVD player does not recognize it. [bold]How can I put in the extra's that came with the DVD's along with the main movie so my dvd player will recognize.[/bold]

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

use dvd shrink.

3. etudela

etudela Member

[flip218], i use DVD Shrink to rip the movies content of the DVD, what I what to also be able to put on the DVD is the extra's that are outside the contents of the VIDEO_TS folders. An example would be like the movie HELLBOY, it has folders called "ASSETS", "JACKET_P", "autorun" etc... that is not being used my a standalone DVD player but useful when used on a computer.

4. etudela

etudela Member

[flip218], i use DVD Shrink to rip the movies content of the DVD, what I what to also be able to put on the DVD is the extra's that are outside the contents of the VIDEO_TS folders. An example would be like the movie HELLBOY, it has folders called "ASSETS", "JACKET_P", "autorun" etc... that is not being used my a standalone DVD player but useful when used on a computer.

5. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Use DVD Shrink, again!

It has to be what you’re doing with Roxio that is the problem. Just for kicks, download the trial version of Nero6 and set it as the default burner for Shrink. Then do a full backup.