1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD off hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Wagz, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I've got all the vob, bup and ifo files off a dvd and now I want to burn it to a DVD-R using Alcohol, anyone know how burn it or convert it into and image file that will boot in my dvd player. I tried burning it, but my dvd player said invalid disc when usualy it plays my backed up dvd's. Also I can play it on my comuter using PowerDVD.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What program did you use to rip the dvd? And why not use Shrink?

3. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

Flip is right, grab DVD Shrink from that link and you should be ok, once you get it running, click open files, go to the folder the files are in, hit open, and then click burn....I believe that's all there is to it. As for that image stuff, Alcohol technically does make an image file before it gets burned, all burning programs do. You need an image to stream onto the disc, it's done just before it burns. I don't have alcohol, but maybe you can set your hard drive as the destination drive and burn the ISO to your hard drive, or maybe set up your disk, and then do a save as and see if there is an ISO type or something like that. Regardless, me and Flip highly recommend DVD Shrink, it doesn't suck...and it's free.

-EMAN

4. adw

adw Guest

i agree with both of the previous dvd shrink and de coder r both pretty good

5. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

k thanx, Shrink worked great