1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning dvd ps2 games on cdrw

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ItchyClit, Jan 22, 2003.

1. ItchyClit

ItchyClit Guest

Hey my question is quik and fast .... i burned a game(cd game)and it works just Fine on my ps2. i use a boot&mem card (ar2) it works fine anny game no problem, Everybody say's you Can't copy dvd games with a cdr/rw ... but i have Hitman 2 and it looks just fine and i don;t think i could be completer ...but does that mean that something has been removed before copying 2 a cheap Cd >>??? IF that is the Only way ( and i don't thing/hope so) Where do i get a Manual 2 do so, and there is a step by step plan on how 2 copy and mabey throw some patches at it ... ?? I would appreachi8 it if someone would help me ... been at for 10 hour now hehehehe Addios Amigo;s .. Greeting From THe Netherlands ;)

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look, there is no way you can copy a DVD game (1 on 1) to a CD-r, simply because a DVD game contains mostly between 1.5gb and 4.7gb and there is no way (think of it) to get the info on a CD-r that can only burn up to 700mb (or 780 for the 90min cd-r).
    I don't have a ripping quide only sites that contain the ripkits. You can use Atlantis, don't know how it works...
    http://www.ps2rippininfo.btinternet.co.uk/index1.htm
    http://www.ps2rippininfo.btinternet.co.uk/tools.htm

Greetings from Holland too.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2003
  3. ItchyClit

ItchyClit Guest

owke i can see what you mean, but i have Mortal combat (dvdgame) and Hitman 2 (dvdgame) and Nba (dvdgame) all on cheap cd's ... does that mean they are incomplete ... they work just fine and everything work's just fine ... how did the maker of these cd's Do it ...??? i wanna know plz help ;) peace everybody

4. Cory13

Cory13 Member

HI,

I found a site that specifically advertises that you can backup PS2 games using your crd/media.

I checked here because I had the same thoght that the files would be too big.

5. Kooey

Kooey Member

It is possible to Rip DVD games into CD(s).

1) Some DVD-games dont even fill up a CD in size, so those are the easiest ones, they just require some patching for Dvd checks and thats it.

2) Some other DVD-games are more than 80min in CD size, but to make them fit in just 1 80min CD, it is possible to remove intros/movies or downsize them (lower resolution) and they fit into the CD. (Example: MK:Deadly Alliance)

3) Some other DVD-games are way larger than 1 80min CD, yet they can be ripped and divided into a set of 80min CDs (Example: Devil May Cry)

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2003