1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD-R to DVD+R...please help

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by at4iowa, Jan 3, 2005.

1. at4iowa

at4iowa Member

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorded hooked up to my Tivo. The Panasonic burns onto DVD-R disks. I burned a program onto DVD-R and want to make multiple copies of it for my family.

My computer, which I just bought, burn to DVD+R disks. I tried to copy the DVD-R disk to a DVD+R disk and my computer told me that the media didn't match. Is there a way I can get around this or is it not possible to burn a DVD-R to a DVD+R?
    Thanks.

2. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Why not just rip the contents of the DVD with something like DVD Decrypter and then you can just burn to disc with your favourite burning program.

3. benotto04

benotto04 Member

Yes, simply use DVD-Decrypter to get all the contents of the DVD-R & then simply copy those contents, to the Video_TS folder & burn onto a DVD+R

4. at4iowa

at4iowa Member

Thanks, I figured it out. It works great. I just opened up the DVD-R disk, copied the folder onto my desktop Then I put in a blank DVD+R and copied the folder into the blank disk as a data file. It worked great!