1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD+R with DVDShrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jaggax1, Feb 17, 2004.

1. jaggax1

jaggax1 Guest

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I can't find in the forums I thinkl it would come under, ok now for the question.

Yes, I'm new to this, but have had great success in using DVDShrink, my problem occurs when trying to burn straight to a DVD+R, it does not recognise the disk, however when I put in a DVD+RW it works find. So how do I get it to burn direct to +R. Currently I have to process the +RW again using CloneDVD then it will burn to the +R of course this is not the way it should be and it unnecessary time to the whole process. By the way I'm very happy with the quality despite this addition tasks. DVDShrink is a great tool and when I sort this little blip (with your help) then I would gladly donate to the tool. It's better than the commercial tools and it works great dspite the extra tasks.

2. mrbass

mrbass Member

try autoshrinkiso or imgtool classic as they use dvddecrypter and see if it's not a nero issue. Media is a huge factor with dvd±r and dvd±rw media. I like TDK 4X for DVD+R media and Fuji 4X for DVD-R media.

3. Battscrew

Battscrew Member

I agree, use Dvdshrink to create files then image tool classic to create iso the Dvddecrypter to burn. I have tried using Nero and/or img tool burn (I Beleive uses a Nero aspi?) and they would not play on all standalone DVD players. Now no prob

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004
  4. mrbass

mrbass Member

yes imgtool burn uses Nero API. In older versions there was a bug in the Nero API according to coujo that somehow prevented it from writing an ISO9660 (I could be wrong on this..from memory) but it was a showstopper for some. Although I never had a problem with it. As soon as imgtool classic came out and coujo added the ability to burn dvddecrypter (extended CLI support was crucial with LIGHTNING UK! adding it) then I was all over it using it daily. Then autoshrinkiso came out and I began using that.