1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD-Rip to DVD-/+R

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by M3NaCe, Jan 12, 2005.

1. M3NaCe

M3NaCe Member

Hey, I'm new to the forums, I would like to know how to put a DVDrip (Initial D Special Stage) back to a DVDR instead of a CD, because since my other PS2 broke (along with my original Initial D disc) I'm worried about laser wear and such and I have heard that PS2s have an easier time reading DVDs than CDs.

I have searched the forum on how to do this but had no luck. If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated :)

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

unless you know how to change the cd checks to dvd checks, it wont work.

3. M3NaCe

M3NaCe Member

I've been using a thing called DVDScan3, The PDF included claims that

"One step of adding a DVD-rip back to DVD is the need to replace the original DVD check that was removed when the game was ripped. This version of media check scanner includes the ability to re-patch old games with the old type of DVD-Check."

I have patched the file and scanned it, It says the Image that I patched has been converted so that it can be burned on DVD format.

I was just wondering if you had to do anything else to make this work, because on the tutorials that I've read, people have put dummy files or something into the image which I have no idea about, I just patched it to have the DVD-Checks and burnt it straight onto a DVD-R using Nero.

I inserted it into my DVD drive and it looked exactly how the Initial D DVD Rip looks like in Daemon Tools, same directory, name etc.

I don't have my Swap magic set yet so I have no way of testing it yet, I was wondering if anyone else has stumbled upon my situation.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

oh, i see. Since you can burn dvds, why not just get the dvd version? dvdrips means stuff has been ripped out of them.

5. M3NaCe

M3NaCe Member

Yes, I have quite a slow internet connection and will take me a while to get a hold of the full DVD, and the Rip takes things out you barely need, e.g movies for the story mode which I know off by heart because of watching the anime too much :p