1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning dvd+r's to dvd+r's ...and the problem is

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zenarrrow, Feb 7, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I have some concert footage that I have on dvd+r I want to back it up. I am using dvd shrink and decypter together. When I anilize the disc first off it takes like five minutes then it stops with an error stating: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).... O r the disc won't even begin to anilize and say : Invalid navigation structure...Any body have any suggestions?

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Is the disc damaged in any way, like scratched or dirty?
    Does the movie you are trying to rip play ok in your Rom/burner/stand alone ok?

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Yes they seem to play alright I guess I could try cleaning them. What about the navigation invalidation structure?

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

Well to be honest I have never come accross that error, but I will try and find out what it is.
    CRC errors though are due to damaged, scratched or dirty disc, or cheap media and also maybe your ROM/Burner just doesn't like that disc, and there are other reasons too.

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK I appreciate all the help, have you ever ran pinnicle instant dvd ver 8.0.5.2? I was goig to try it since dvdxcopy or shrink won't pick them up. Thanks

6. bardie

bardie Regular member

sorry I haven't.
    All I use is DVD Shrink, DVD decrypter , Nero and DVD Region & CSS Free.

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Well thank you^^^^bardie I really appreciate everything I will try your suggestions, JOE

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

What kind of media are you using?

9. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK I have another two questions or make that three. First off which is better to use dvdxcopy or the dvd shrink and dvd decrypter together. Second when I use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter together are the movies I back up being stored on my hard drive permenatly, if so How can I delete them? Third,when I use dvd shrink and dvd decrypter some times when I annalize the movie I have enable video on, It just shows the menu over and over. I am scared to back up the disc in fear of making a coaster, that just plays the menu over and over. Thanks guys I love this forum!!!!!!

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Get yourself some RW discs to avoid the coaster syndrome. As far as which method's better, that's all personal preference, but I guarantee you're gonna get a pretty much unanimous decision on Decrypter and Shrink here. X Copy's easier to use, but if you use it long enough you will grow to hate it like many of us have. Also, once you get the hang of it, Decrypter and Shrink are great tools to have. What I do as far as deleting the temp files is make a file called DVD and just keep writing over it, that way I only have 1 movie on the hard drive at a time. Or I guess you could select the folder that contains the DVD and just hit the delete button on your keyboard, then empty recycle bin.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

@zenarrrow
    For what you are trying to do you don't need Decrypter or Shrink at all. Just use your burning software and select copy disk.