1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bolthole, Feb 24, 2005.

1. bolthole

bolthole Member

itried to backup my copy of the twin towers and about halfway through the rip, i got an encrypted file error message. i have xcopy platinum

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I haven't tried TwinTowers yet so I'm not sure on this but it could have one of the new encryptions on it that X Copy can't handle. Try running Anydvd behind X Copy as an extra decrypter and see if it works. Also make sure the original isn't dirty or scratched bad at the point your process fails.

Jerry

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

do yourself a flavour and get dvd decrypter to rip dvd's

and dvd shrink to compress / re-author...

and also if you get a problem ripping as jerry says run AnyDVD in the background

first 2 apps are free! and excellant!

4. bolthole

bolthole Member

I tried DVD decryptor. Dvd shrink, clone dvd as well as dvd x copy platinum and they all seemed to stop ripping about halfway through the process! Any thoughts on this? Could it be something physically wrong with the disc surface?

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If it is stopping at about the same point with all the software it is probably a problem with the original disc. I have had problems with brand new dvds out of the box that would not copy with anything. Once I exchange it for a second copy it usually works great. So you can have a dvd that looks clean and perfect but has corrupt data that shows up only when trying to rip it.

Jerry

6. bolthole

bolthole Member

I think that you may be correct because I am noticing that there are pauses in the original disk. Thanks.