1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD9

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by bmx3697, Oct 27, 2004.

1. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Yeah so, I'm positively sure this has been answered before but I wasn't finding the answers I wanted using the search function. So I hope I'm not being too bothersome by possibly asking again.

If you buy a DVD±RW Dual Layer burner (probably external, not that I think that makes a difference), will I be able to just make an image of my DVD-9 games and then burn them to disc? Or should I just get a DVD±RW and make due by shrinking?

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

do a little search on dvd9 to dvd5 and you will find it

3. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Alright all that turned up for me was how to Burn DVD9 games to a single or 2 DVD5's... I wanted to know if I could burn from 1 DVD9 PS2 game straight onto another DVD9 using a Dual Layer burner.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it has been done with limited success as some ps2's have problems reading the dvd9+r dl media

5. bmx3697

bmx3697 Member

Ok, fair enough... thanks.

6. FROZEN_VN

FROZEN_VN Member

when burning dvd9 to 2 dvd5's how does this work when playing the game? How will it run off 2 separate discs, when will it need the second disc and how will you know when to insert it? Any info on this topic would be great as i've searched for it but haven't found these answers