1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD's I already ripped

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cpipes, May 4, 2005.

1. cpipes

cpipes Member

First I'd like to thank all you experts who have helped me out. I've come here a few times for the past few weeks and I got a lot of information and I feel like a pro... ALMOST

I've started to get a decent selection of movies that I burned, but my question is this... Lets say I have a movie that I ripped and burned and I want to make another copy 2 weeks down the road and it's off my hard drive. Do I have to go throw the same plan of using DVD Decryptor and DVD Shrink and put all those files on my hard drive or is there a way to copy from disc to disc since it isn't encrypted anymore.

Also, for all you techies out there does ripping these files and encoding them to an ISO file do a lot of damage to my hard drive. I'm thinking about buying an external drive for this purpose only, but if it's not doing any harm to take 5 GB chunks out every time I do a burn then I won't.

2. stereoguy

stereoguy Guest

Iam no expert but the hard drive stores info 1s and 0s thus it cares less what order those are arranged ISO won't hurt anything.

Yes you can reburn the saved material later on just pick the VOB files and reburn it.

once Decrypted and shrunk to a DVD-5 size then you should be able to just use NERO at any point and reburn.

I guess a 400 gig HDD should hold around 100 movies that can be reburned at any point you desire.

I don't think you need to encode then to an ISO since Nero can burn the VOB files just fine.

3. cpipes

cpipes Member

After re-reading my question I need to rephrase...

I want to know how to burn movies that I have deleted off my hard drive however I have them on a copied disk to a blank disk. For example... I've deleted the Matrix off my hard drive after ripping it so I have it on dvd. Is there a way to copy from dvd to dvd now with my copies?

And as for my hard drive. I'm not talking about file types... I'm asking if constant ripping of large files over time hurts the drive with all those writes is a bad thing for it over time.

4. roadcam

roadcam Guest

I make copies of my previously-ripped discs by using plain old ROXIO CD/DVD copier ... since its already been "unlocked", nothing special is needed to copy from it ...

5. roadcam

roadcam Guest

P.S. ... using your hard drive does not damage it ... it will last as long as it will last

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yes, that is what your hard drive is meant for, you will do no damage.

Any DVD copying software (Nero, Roxio, Sonic, etc.) should have a Copy Disc function. That will work fine.