1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD's of different regions to US Region 1

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wales1, Jan 7, 2005.

1. wales1

wales1 Member

Can anyone suggest a way of successfully ripping and burning DVD's from different regions.

I tried DVD Idle Pro to enable my burner to read the Region 2 disc then used DVD shrink to analize and back it up (Region free) and Nero to burn it. My DVD player tells me its the wrong area.

I changed my DVD burner to read region 2 and 4 discs and tried Shrink and Nero again with the same result. Any help here will be appreciated.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

If you get a program called DVDRegion+CSSFree, which is here on this site,it fools your ROM/Writer into thinking it can play all region code DVD's.
    Once you have this installed it will come on in the background when yopu insert a disc, and then that allows you to use your copying programs to copy it, which will make it region free.
    So you never have to change the codes in your DVD ROM/Wrtiter ever again..........I use this program and it works well.
    There are others which I'm sure you will get told about, but this one works well with me.

3. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Why not rip it in DVD Decrypter then the DVD is multi region.

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

You have to be able to play it on your DVD ROM/Writer before you can copy it.

5. wales1

wales1 Member

Thanks for the replies. I believe my DVD Idle Pro is the same as DVD region + CSS free but with a few more attributes. I am able to view the DVD and can see it being analized when using Shrink. I select region free on Shrink but the finalized disc always comes up as wrong region on my new Sony DVD player.
    As the DVD is too large for DVD Decrypter, I will use shrink first to compress and the Decrypter to rip it.
    I'll let Y'all know how it works out.

6. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

bardie,

Well on my system my DVD-Rom is set to Region 2, yet if i put a Region 1 disc in DVD Decrypter it tells me thet region is different and that it will rip slower due to this ?

Yet it does rip fine, of course i cant play the original Region 1 disc in any DVD playback software.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005