1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning DVD's using Nero 6__.28

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by indy999, Dec 19, 2003.

1. indy999

indy999 Guest

I'm hoping that this question has not been asked too many times before. I'm generating my share of coffee cup holders. I'm trying to burn a DVD using Nero 6__.28

The DVD movie is larger than 4.3 gb. I used DVD Decrypter first, DVD Shrink (v3.0 beta) second and....no problems. Now...could someone Please walk me through the steps for burning a DVD (either DVD-r or DVD+r) using Nero 6. I didn't think that I was 'technology' challenged .... golly... i feel like a total idiot. Thank you in advance!! Indy

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi indy999, Shrink ripped your files to the HD. Now I use the Express part of Nero 6 and open the dvd video section. Your window should show 2 folders on the left side named AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. On the right is a button marked add files. Click that and browse to the saved location of the Shrink files. Then just add all of those files INTO the VIDEO_TS folder. The AUDIO_TS stays empty. Then click burn. Make sure the files go inside the Video folder. Jerry

Last edited: Dec 19, 2003
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

indy999,

Try this, it's my "No way can you make a mistake with these directions."

HINT: I created a folder on my HD named "DVD Work" and before ripping my DVD’s I create another sub-folder with the name of the movie I'm backing up. (I.e. DVD Work\Starship Troopers.) When you click "Backup" in DVDShrink, a box will come up saying "Target Folder:” click "Browse" and trace your path back to "DVD Work\Starship Troopers" - when DVDShrink is finished, it will give you your VIDEO_TS folder already made for you in your DVD Work\Starship Troopers folder and you’re good to go. Now, if you wish, you can burn it days down the road. At one point I had 23 movies sitting there, just waiting for my shipment of blank DVD media to arrive.

When you wish to burn, use the "File Browser" in Nero (don’t use Wizard) to trace your path back again to DVD Work\Starship Troopers, you don’t have to try to remember where your work is or if you need to do anymore work on it, it is completely finished, ready to go – you are done and done –

Again, enjoy,
    “P”

How to burn using Nero 6.0.
    Step by Step -
    When you open Nero Burning ROM, you will be at the “New Compilation” window. Directly under the title “New Compilation” is a choice block to choose either DVD or CD, choose DVD. Directly under that click on DVD Video. Then click “New” in the upper right corner of that screen, NOT the main screen..
    You now are in the DVD Video window. In the left screen, click VIDEO_TS. In the File Browser screen, 3rd from the left, trace your path to the DVDShrink folder holding your work and click on that folder. All of your VIDEO_TS files are now opened in the right screen. Click on the top file, hold down the “Shift” key and then click the bottom file thereby hi-lighting the entire column of files. Click and (holding the left mouse button down) drag the entire column of files to the open screen, second from the left.
    Now click the icon on the task bar that shows a match on a disc, then click “Burn” and Baby, now you are done !!!
    Go and have your coffee, when Nero is done, it will let you know.

“P”

(What do you think Jerry, am I getting a trifle too simplistic ??)

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Pete, No, you have it down just right. I just never had the time write it out like that. I've seen you post that on a couple of threads with FastFrank. Good job.. Merry Christmas
    Jerry

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Don't forget the little musical notes to the left of the files that are now in the compilation. I guess they have something to do with the audio but if there not there, it won't burn! Also if you don't want to drag the files you can just right click em, "select all", right click em again and "add to compilation". There are so many fun ways to get Nero working!
    Jerry, Pete and all,
    Have a Merry Christmas!

Frank

6. FastMover

FastMover Member

OK - this sounds (and is) sooooo easy, but for some reason I cannot get it to work. When I find my VIDEO_TS folder and try to add all the files, I get a warning from NERO which tells me that my compilation will not result in a DVD compliant disk. It looks like only Nero image files can be loaded and burned throughNERO - is that correct?

Also, I am curious...I recently purchased a Sony DRU-530A and I am using Sony -RW media. Unfortunately, though, none of the burns I have made using DVD Shrink will work in my Panasonic DVD-RV26 player. The only successful burns I have created have been made through my DVD burner software (Sonic myDVD). Could it be my player?

I am trying to burn Winged Migration and I would be grateful for any advice...

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

FastMover,

The vast majority of standalone players don't like the taste of RW media and so we use it mostly for ironing out our mistakes.

Best to use either your +R or your -R media to feed standalones -

2. You are incorrect in that Nero will burn almost anything -

- Are you using OEM Nero or do you have the full boar program ?

Sometimes a plugin - that you can get for the purchased product solves small problems -

Make sure you are in Nero ROM, with DVD and not CD checked in the New Compilation window (common mistake, that) DO NOT USE Wizard or express, they just mess you up - follow that guide exactly step by step -

and now for that "Tasty Tip" we're always looking for -

[bold]Indy999,

In case you're still having trouble there Good Guy -[/bold]

Download the New and Improved DVDShrink 3.1

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_shrink.cfm

This guy now –

1. Rips

2. Compresses if you wish it to – (It does it Automatically or Manually)

3. It will allow you to Edit, if you want

AND - - ->

4. Yes, it hooks up quietly with your Nero in the background and BURNS YOUR DISC !! Yep, you heard it here first, on News at 11, Nero does it ALL –

Put it in the front and it comes out all warm and toasty brown –

Go "Play well and Prosper”
    Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Make sure you select the DVD-VIDEO icon on the left side of the screen, below the CD/DVD dropdown menu in the New Compilation window. It sounds like you are skipping that step and attempting to burn in UDF/ISO mode. That is the default setting for this program.

The new version of Shrink will open Nero for you and burn, all you do is make sure you have Nero 6 on your computer.

Read these guides for Shrink and Nero:
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

9. FastMover

FastMover Member

Thanks folks.

I use RW to iron out mistakes. It helps me minimize expenses...

I am using the full-blown beta version of Nero 6. I downloaded it two days ago. Actually, geting to the DVD-Video window is not a problem at all. As I mentioned above, I can access the VIDEO_TS files (.IFO, .VOB, & .BUP extensions) and move them to the folder. Finally, based on the warning message that I get from NERO, it seems to recognize it as a DVD-video compilation, but it does not like it...I'll take a look at plug-ins and other options. Note: ScubaPete - you are right, NERO will still burn the disk, but it will not read on either of my players...

Update...I HAVE now been able to write (and play) directly from DVD Shrink 3.1. What a great tool - it is disappointing to see development stop...

Thanks for the feedback.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey Frank ole Pal,
    Just a note - I did mention the DVD video selection in my directions - it's small but it's hiding in there somewhere LOL, maybe I should change it to caps so it'll standout more ??

(reading the Fast Mover’s post, and feeling that my job here is done, I settle down and set a new course to bring others the news about the new Shrink 3.1 -
    Yep, solving problems is my business. Headed to the outer regions where the "Fast" Frank on his 2-wheeled speed-mobile, the incredible, "Knowledgeable” Jerry and Yep, de "Ole Man" Pete are always in search of others to help -

and now a word from our Sponsor -

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Jerry rides slowly into the sunset, looking for a possible cure for his now oversized head. Thanks to Ole man Pete he must now buy bigger hats.

Thanks for the comment Pete. I really like your stories.

Jerry