1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD's with a dvd burner and cd rom

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ph0BoLuS, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

My aunt just got a computer with a dvd burner and a cd-rom and she asked me if there was anyway to copy dvd's with that computer..i said you cant because she has a cd-rom and not a dvd-rom.. but she says her other nephew can do it w/o having 2 dvd-roms. so i just wanted to make sure is there anyway i can copy dvd's with a cd-rom and a dvd-burner if there is can you tell me how and what software you use?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can complete the entire process using just the DVD burner. Put the original in to rip then the software will ask you to insert a blank when it's ready to burn. This is the way most all apps will work when using a single drive :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  3. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

is there a guide to that on this site?

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

well you gotta see if you got any software to do it first, if not you gotta do search internet searching to see what software suits you, there's all sorts - Nero Burning Rom is my fave, don't find the need for anything else, but there's also stuff by Roxio, etc etc. Basically so some searching and see what you come up with

Rich

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

There are a ton of guides on here but which one to follow depends on the software you are going to use. Go to the page top and click the GUIDE tab. Then pick the one about your software ripping program (DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Clonedvd, etc.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  6. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

she has dvd shrink and nero burner on her comp but dvd shrink needs a dvd rom doesnt it? im looking for software that only needs a dvd burner to copy the information to the hard drive, then i can get the all the dvd information and put it on the dvd using the burner.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

your dvd burner will read them

have you even tried it?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ph0BoLuS,
    There are a number of guides at my web site and all of them have you put the movie on the hard drive first. So just pick one and follow it. The easiest one is the ScubaPete guide I would reccomend that one first.. Link is in my signature :)

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Phobolus, All you need with any of the ripping programs is just a dvd burner. A dvd rom sometimes rips faster and saves some wear and tear on the burner drive but isn't really necessary. Use the burner to rip to the HD and then insert the blank in the same drive to burn back. Most of the programs will tell you when to insert the blank. Hope this is the info you were looking for.

Jerry

10. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

Yeah thanks Jerry & bbmayo

11. Ph0BoLuS

Ph0BoLuS Regular member

so by saying it causes wearing and tearing that means everytime i burn a dvd with my burner it damages the burner?

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Anytime you use anything it wears out... :)

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I doubt if you will notice any damage or wear to your burner drive. I have been trying to wear out my Pioneer 106D for a year now so I can upgrade to a Pioneer dual layer drive. It refuses to die on me so I just keep on burning with it. I wouldn't worry about it.

Jerry

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hey I have the same problem with my Pioneer 107.. The damned thing won't quit!!! LMAO
    I have had others go bad and I bought those after the Pioneer... Now I'm working on making this Pextor drive go bad ;-)