1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning DVD's with Nero OEM

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mysabre, Feb 16, 2007.

1. mysabre

mysabre Member

I have tried for 3 weeks now to burn DVD's. Nero OEM came with the PC. I tried converting xvid with avd2dvd but, when I burned the movie, it kept saying "unknown". I kept going and when I played the DVD in media player, there was no sound and the movie kept stopping and skipping parts. I am about fed up! I know that other people can watch movies in their DVD player. I am very persistent but, am losing faith. Should I get a different version of Nero? Please help!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You might give a little more detail about your situation, like are you using Nero 6 or Nero 7..Which utility in Nero are you trying to use?

Do you have NeroVision?

Help files here for Nero 7--and available for 6 also.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/enu/User_Guides.html

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

4. mysabre

mysabre Member

It is called Nero OEM. Then, I go into Nero StartSmart and it's called Nero Express 6. I click on DVD and I can choose "Burn DVD-Video Files". I can see that something has burned onto the dvd but, it doesn't load into my standalone dvd player.
    I have downloaded 2 movies and can watch them on the pc but, I don't know sniff about converting. I don't understand codecs and thought I converted 1 movie but, I don't know what to choose out of the file to burn.
    I have burned music cd's off of Nero but, movies are another story.
    I'm getting advice from people such as: I was using DVD+R - they said use DVD-R and it might play on my dvd player. I was told to buy a dvd player with div-x. I don't want to put the money out if it's not going to work, either.
    1 movie I downloaded is Flicka.DVDRip.Xvid-LMG. The other one is Snakes.On.A.Plane[2006]DvDrip[Eng]-axxo. We live in the country and only have 1 tv channel so, we would like to watch DVD's.
    Thank you for responding.

5. mysabre

mysabre Member

When I go into Nero Express 6, Burn DVD-Video files, should AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS already be in there?

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

It may be the brand or format of your DVD's....it may be worth trying different brands or formats. Heres a very basic guide on how I burn my movies using NeroVision...it's Nero 7 but works the same with Nero 6

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/356114/2104525

there is a more comprehensive guide in my sig, by alkohol.

7. mysabre

mysabre Member

Gwendolin, I don't see anything in my Nero that says Nero Vision. Even though it's Express 6, I don't have Nero Vision. Should I upgrade to Nero 7? I looked at your link and don't see those audio and video_ts lines already in there when you're ready to burn. I'm beginning to think maybe it would be easier to just rent the movies.

8. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Nero OEMs are always missing something. IMO they are nothing more than an advertisement for the real thing.
    Nero provides custom configured OEMs to drive and PC manufacturers based on the specifications they provide to Nero. We never know exactly what a particular OEM may or may not have, so it's very difficult to sort problems out with it.

Unless you upgrade/buy the full version then you are stuck with the limitations. However, you do not need Nero to burn DVDs. Free programs like ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter, paid for programs like CloneDVD or CopytoDVD can be used to burn the movie.

In your case you could convert the download to DVD-Video files then burn them with ImgBurn to DVD.

9. mysabre

mysabre Member

OK, I'm at my wit's end!! I went to Best Buy yesterday and got them to try one of my DVD's that I burned. It worked fine (an axxo file that I converted to avi - how? I'm not even sure how I did it). I ended up buying a Phillip's DVD player. I started watching the movie tonite. The 1st 10 minutes were fine and then the film was distorted but I could hear the sound. I have to beat this! I don't know what to do next. Please help!!!

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

As explained in the other thread, you can burn DVD Rip movies as per my guide....the problem you are having is probably caused by the poor quality of the disc you used and your burn speed.