1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING DVDS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CHRJOH75, Oct 3, 2003.

1. CHRJOH75

CHRJOH75 Guest

I'VE TRIED TO BURN SEVERAL OF DVDS AND IT COMES UP DVD PROTECTED.WHAT DO I NEED SO I CAN BURN THEM. THANKS CHRJOH75

2. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Hi there you need to play the dvd with power dvd or something for five minutes. Then try it it should work.

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

what methods are you using? How are you ripping the dvds and how are you trying to burn them with what drive and what media (type and brand)?
    Once we figure those things out, we will be able to help you out.
    (It is nice not to YELL on the forums)

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I think they are trying copy an original direct to dvd........

The dvd NEEDS to be ripped of it's encryption first, using a suitable ripping program such as Dvd Decrypter/Smartripper or Dvd Shrink...

Then the data requires processing - stripping to reduce <4.7Gb or compressing to reduce to <4.7Gb.
    Re-authoring and placing into a folder called VIDEO_TS (in uppercase).

Then the folder burned to a dvd....

If you visit http://www.chrismccann.co.uk, you will find some tools and info to get you going...

Download Dvd Shrink (it is free) from the link or the downloads section here at afterdawn and follow the guide at the above link.

This program will enable you to rip/strip/compress and re-author ALL in one program, all you need then is to add ALL the files to a folder called VIDEO_TS and burn that folder......

Hope this helps......