1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pyroboy, Aug 21, 2004.

1. pyroboy

pyroboy Member

As a total novice at this please help after shrinking with dvd shrink what next?.I have tried and tried and went through about two packs of discs(nutter)but seems to burn but not play.WHATS THE BEST AND FREE SOFTWARE TO USE.

2. viper64

viper64 Guest

What are you using to burn? because you dont want to spend any money use Nero it is free for 30 days and you can always reactivate after that. Let me ask you something after using shrink do you get a folder with two files in it( VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS). After installing Nero open Shrink click the EDIT TAB click on PREFERENCES click on the FILE I/0 TAB check the box that says ENABLE BURING WITH NERO. 2ND what brand of BLANK MEDIA are you using??

3. jerryd3

jerryd3 Guest

try using read/write disks till you figure it out

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

IMO DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

5. castiljd

castiljd Member

I like DVD Shrink and Nero the best. If using DVD shrink try setting a specific region for the dvd instead of region free. Mine play better in my opinion with a specific region selected. I also had two dvd players that wouldn't play them and since I selected the region it has played them.

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

What software are you useing to burn w/ after shrinking? Also do you have latest version of dvd shrink?

7. pyroboy

pyroboy Member

thanks for all your help got sorted out.The region that my player plays seems to be the best action to take.