1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Fails at 99%

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by burninguy, Mar 3, 2005.

1. burninguy

burninguy Guest

All of my dvds have been failing at 99% of the burn process. I am using dvdshrink and nero, DMA is on, firmware is updated. I just started using Memorex 8x DVD-R discs and it has done this to the first 6 discs I have used. Some of the movies play fine and some don't. I have been through a pack of verbatim DVD-R 8x without a coaster, then tried TDK 8x DVD-R pack and had a few coasters, now with the Memorex everyone that I have used has failed at 99%. I can post the error message if I need to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

I think you've answered your own question Memorex is not most folks favourite media.

Some even say it's crap.

regards gringle

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

As Gringle stated stay away from Memorex media. Another thing that may help, go into the Shrink settings and set the compression to Custom and enter 4300 as the target value. That will keep you from burning to the outer edges of your blank media where most errors happen.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  4. burninguy

burninguy Guest

Thanks for the help I am going to try burning again tonight. I thought that memorex were good, everybody I know has had good luck with them. What is the best recommended blank DVD-R media? Thanks again for the help.

5. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Well the Verbatim you used originally are considered to be among the best. I use Ritek others swear by TY.
    Have a look around the media forum,

regards

gringle

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yes, TY, Verbatim and Ritek are some of the best. The problem with Memorex is that they buy the blanks from many manufacturers and put their name on them. You may buy a batch that are actually Ritek or could end up with some made by CMC Mag company. CMC Mag makes some of poorest quality blanks out there and at present time most of Memorex media seem to be those blanks. You just can't trust them or know what you are going to end up with.

Jerry

7. burninguy

burninguy Guest

Thanks for the help. I will stay away from memorex from now on. Changing the burn space to 4300 worked, they are all completing successfully now.

8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I had the same problem with Memorex. Then when they would copy all the way they weren't always good - had freezes/skips. I'll stick TY's - no problems.