1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning failures

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by flash43, Jan 6, 2008.

1. flash43

flash43 Member

I'm using Sony DVD+R's and copying and burning with DVD Fab Platinum. Sometimes I go through the entire process and it says it's completed successfully but it won't play on my dvd player. It will play however on my computer. I know sometimes certain dvd's aren't compatible with some players, but the strange thing is that if I initiate another burn exactly the same way, it will play on my dvd player. I had one original that I tried 4 different times, duplicating everything the same way I did it before. ONE actually played on my dvd player. The other 3 would only play on my computer. Is there something wrong with the burner, or is it the blank dvd's? I would think if it were the dvd's, they wouldn't play on my computer either.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I have DVD's that play on the PC, but not on the DVD player.
    Usually they have been burned at too high speed (more than 4x) or on less than great media.
    If you try burning at 4x and it makes no difference, switch to a consistently good disk - like 'Verbatim'.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

if your not? booktype those +R to dvdrom...

probably discs used, whats the dye info on thoses

4. cypres

cypres Member

It might be the discs. Sony isnt that great when it comes to discs. I use Ritek Ridata. Do a search for them at newegg.com I've never had one fail.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

yeah i use/used thousands of RITEK GO5 and the older go4