1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning from hd using dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Alrak, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Alrak

Alrak Guest

First off let me say that this is a great site. I just started burning and this site has helped me out alot. I have already burned a dvd successfully using shrink to save to hd and burning later on with cdburnerXP. I had to use XP becuase I couldn't figure out how to get decrypter to work. I seen somewhere on this site that to use decrypter you need to use .dvd file, I think. The files I saved onto my HD didn't include any .dvd files. If someone could help me out that would be great.

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Do your normal editing with dvd shrink, and then click backup, on select backup target, hit the dropdown box, and choose, create iso image file and burn with dvd decrypter.
    dvd decrypter wont burn vob files.
    good luck
    jD

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  3. Alrak

Alrak Guest

so if I already have the dvd saved on my computer do I still load up shrink? You kind of made it sound like a I have to copy it onto my hd again. Is there a setting within shrink that lets me save it to my hd as a file that can be loaded with decrypter?

4. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

dvd decrypter file mode. dvd shrink create .iso file. decrypter burn .iso file. As long as your files are .iso that are already on your hd then yes you can just burn with decrypter. I think i just repeated what
    jim_dandy said.

Good Luck

Spacedust

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

[​IMG]

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hmmm everyone is repeating what I just said LOL
    If you have files already saved on your hdd,then you need to re-do them with dvd shrink,(theres no getting around this) to convert them to iso's.
    Click on open files and then follow the steps as I stated above.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if you already have the files use apps like tmpgenc dvd author it will make an iso and burn (no re coding)

also ultraiso will make an iso from the already made files sat in a folder...

theres probably more but off the top of me head theres 2 for you! i use them both for iso making (for storeing!) i make the iso and keep it safe!

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi Rotary
    dvd author will make a iso's?
    hmmmmmmmm I did not know that,ya learn something new everyday,thanks Rotary :)

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yeah i had the app for 12 months and found it after, and it stares you in the face too on load...hehehe...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  10. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

ok,now I know why I didnt see that.I usually just close it when the option that says, "use dvd writting tool" comes up, and I burn with nero instead.Its nice to know that option is available though.
    Thanks again Rotary
    Jim