1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning from media center

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cimerron, Mar 16, 2005.

1. cimerron

cimerron Guest

I am trying to burn dvds from movies i have recorded from tv useing media center. I cant get dvd shrink or decrypter to see whatever format media records in. when i try to record straight from media center i get copywrite protection errors.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What is media center? Are the files on your hard drive?

3. cimerron

cimerron Guest

media center is a windows product. The file is on my hard drive but i cant see what kind of file it is. i got it to burn with sonic, but it wont play on anything.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Ok it is some sort of AVI file like mpeg, divX ect..

Go to my website the link is in my signature and use the guide there called "Convert AVI to DVD"

That file has to be converted to a DVD compliant file before you can just burn it to a DVD.. :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  5. cimerron

cimerron Guest

thanks, I thought it was something like that. but i didnt know what kind of file. on a personal note: i have been to your web sit many times. i think it is one of the best site for info to burn dvds. i use it all the time. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem, and you are welcome :)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  7. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If you can't get it to play on your standalones I can help ya get it going. If yours is like mine the file types are .dvr-ms which is almost impossible to get to work in anything but M$ programs.

8. cimerron

cimerron Guest

That is the error message I am getting. Its a dvr-ms file. What is that i need to do. Can i down load another program to record tv on using my satalite. one thing i like about media center is the tv guide you can download.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  9. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If you want to keep using Media Center you could convert the .dvr-ms files to .wmv. Here's a link for the D/L.
    http://thegreenbutton.com/downloads.aspx
    It's under "Utilities |DVR-MS" you want DVR2WMV, I've tried the other ones and they either crash or just plain don't work.

If you wanted to burn after converting then you could use BBMayo's guide to get it done.

While on The Green Button you might want to check it out. It's all about using and working with MCE "Media Center Edition". There's a couple of neat proggy's there too like a free alarm clock "instead of buying the !Plus package with Media Player". Also a pretty good forum/knowledge base section as well. Alot of things I never thought of doing or even thought possible.

Hope this helps you out and good luck.

10. cimerron

cimerron Guest

Thanks to all for the help :)