1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning from Video Store dvd's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by viclace, Mar 24, 2005.

1. viclace

viclace Member

Can video stores tell if you have burned their movies? Has anyone in this forum ever burned a dvd from a video store and if so did the video store catch on to it?

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

You Have Got To Be Kidding ...... READ THE RULES ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

we don't practice piracy in our forums. Ask another question please before you get banned.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hell yeah they will catch you believe you me!!!!!

Them friggen chips they put in them will get you every time!!! Man I had to pay 50,000$ or go to jail. So I am making monthly payments of 950$ a month for like the next 6 years..

Try doing a search for "Block Buster Chip" ......

P.S. If you did it already I know a guy that can clean your system so you can't be tracked down. His name is Brobear in here just get with him, and he can tell you what to do so they won't catch you.. :)

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Maybe it wasn't Block Buster. I know there the worst but if it was one of the others and you haven't returned the movie yet maybe we can help.
    Who did you rent from? Did it have the shiney gold colored printing down by the copright warning? Give us as much info as possible and I'm sure we can help.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

6. viclace

viclace Member

ok Thanks bbmayo. I will stick to downloads only. Oh and to the other comments from the other people, I didn't say I would do that I was only curious! I didn't know there were only certain kinds of questions you could ask in here. As for the rules, I did read them. maybe I missed something.....sorry.
    bbmayo- do you know of any good download sites? We use torrent spy and it took 5 days just to download one movie. thanks for the info on dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. it works great.

7. viclace

viclace Member

no I didn't try to copy one of their movies. I wouldn't. I just was curious is all. Didn't think people would freak on me for asking a simple question.

8. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Vic,
    Well don't be so hard on yourself. Lots of folks here have backed up rented movies but since the new chips have come out its not that easy anymore. Like I mentioned earlier some are tougher than others to get around. I guess poor old bbmayo didn't do his homework and now he's payin for it. I guess its better than doin time though. If your really interested in backin up rented movies then PM me and we'll see what we can do.
    Good Luck,
    HW.
    PS. Hey bb. Does the piece of tape over the chip still work?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  9. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

Mayo ....First bad advise Ive seen you give. Just give it to him stright. No discussions about piracy

Edit and if there is a so called chip whats whats the deal if you buy the poreviously played game?...Ps if you steal it you could get caught thats the deal. ok

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  10. andmerr

andmerr Guest

WHAT is this pick on bbmayo come now guys we all have our own way of answering posts.

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

we will come to see ya in the pokie bbmayo.keep makin thoses payments.Newbies LOL

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Man I was Joking!!!! Can't you all see that?? Jeeez..

There are already all kinds of post's about this :)

Of course they can [bold]NOT[/bold] no way tell that you copied there movies!!!!!!!!!!

I was just beeing a smart arse... :)

13. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Jeez bbmayo, you didn't let it go to lining the walls and ceiling with lead sheating and aluminum foil hat,lol

14. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Naw I figured this thing has run it's course a long time ago.. If people used the search function they would know that ;-)

15. sadsac

sadsac Guest

No again with this blockbuster thing!

16. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I was wondering how long you were going to scare the poor guy lol...that thread took a life of its own lol

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I was gonna scare him/her for a little while, but some people started taking it to seriously again. LOL

I can't believe this question was even asked again!!

This just goes to show the search funtion isn't being used again. Oh well what can you do?

Later

18. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

I can't believe the different reactions people have to a thread like this. Some come to the rescue, some go along with the gag and some don't even realize its a gag after reading through the whole thread. LMFAO.
    HW.

19. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

"Some people will belive anything....."

20. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

I can't even open the window at night any more (the breeze makes the tinfoil Blockbuster Chip sheathing on walls & ceiling rustle & rattle like old skeletons...) but it's worth it to be safe :^)