1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning games from SuprNova.org

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Getao7325, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

I downloaded Beast Wars Transmetal, Xmen Legends, Dragonball GT Final Bout, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and Swap Magic 3. First off, for Beast Wars Transmetal and Dragonball GT Final Bout, do I need to use a regualr cd-r disc because a ps1 or psx can't read dvd's unless I use it the games on a ps2 or use dvd-r's? And for all of the games how do I burn them? I have dvd decryptor and Alcohol 120% and dragonball gt final bout is a .rar file so how would I burn that one. Also, since I have a bootlegged version of Swap magic 3, would that work, because the way the other boards sounds, it seems as if I need a real swap magic 3 to make the bootlegged one work. Sorry for all the questions, but I did search and none of them seemed to answer my questions. Thanx for responding.

2. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

first off, you cant burn a swap magic disc, well you could, but then you'd need a swap magic disc or a mod chip to boot it, thus, deffeating the purpose. next, if i get what your saying, if the ps2 game has a purple back, you have to burn it to a CD-R but if it has a silver back, then you have to burn it to a DVD(+ or -)R. if its a ps1 game (psx) then you have to burn it to a CD-R. i don't know how to burn a .rar file. hope that helps!

3. Drifty

Drifty Member

- for the PS1 games use CDRWIN to burn.
    - the one which is a *.rar file u will have to unzip using winRAR and then burn the *.iso image file.
    - All PS1 games are on CD and should be burnt on a CD-R.
    - DVD decrypter is the best for burning PS2 DVD-r games
    - You cant use a backup of swap magic, u need the original

4. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

I downloaded CDRWIN and now I just have to burn the .iso image file or should I do that in WinRar. And if it's burned in WinRar I don't have to do anything else? With beast wars transmetal I just go to CDRWIN and burn it. I don't know which settings to use in CDRWIN, there's record disc, back up disc, extract disc/Tracks/Sectors, and file back up and tools. But I think it's file backup and tools.

5. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

Also, how do I make a .iso file for all of my downloads?

6. legato777

legato777 Member

i use nero to burn iso's.

if its a .rar file, download Winrar and unpack it, it should unpack the iso. then use a program that burns isos(image) (alcholol, nero to name a few).

7. Drifty

Drifty Member

winrar is an unzipping program... u cant burn anything with that...

google for the settings, it has been years since i have backed up a PS1 game and i have forgotten the settings for CDRwin

once the file is in *.iso, thats when you burn it

8. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

Thanx for the help everyone, but I think I'm going to give up and just try and buy the games. I think im not computer literate enough to know how to work it. I'm doing everything you all say but it won't burn because there's an error. Plus I'm worried because in my folder the files are about 12-20kb's and when I went to download them it said 54mb. I jus might hire somebody to do it for me.

9. woollyman

woollyman Member

So burning .iso's is a piece of cake!! BUT what about when the [bold] files are not in an .iso [/bold] and when you unRAR the downloaded file they are all separate exactly like they would appear if you put the original CD in to you PC and browsed it in Windoze Explorer.

Is it necessary to make an .iso from these files or what?

I have tried burning them as they are using Nero and 120%, nothing has worked.

I HAVE burned other games that DL'd as an .iso and they play no problem.

Thanks for any help!

10. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

All you guys need to do is look around the forums and figure this stuff out. It is all very easy. Stick in there. Good luck!

Triks

11. woollyman

woollyman Member

Yeah man, I know the answer is out there, but...
    One problem is the search capabilities of this site are not too hot!! I can only search through every forum and then in generates too many results!! Bahh, gimme some real help Hattrick24!

12. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

Alright.

I will try to help. But right now I have no time. I have to go to school. Later tonight I will look back on this forum and try to answer any questions that you had. If you have anymore just reply to this forum so I can try to answer them when I get on later tonight.

Triks

13. sc64

sc64 Member

Getao and woolyman dont give up on this. once you get the hang of it is really very easy. try the steps below 9and sorry of you know most or all of this).

1. Download winrar.

2. Open up your folder which has the winrar files in it (getao your winrar files for ps2 games tend to be around 54mb)

3. Click on the first winrar file - normally numbered r01. Then right click and choose extract here. this wil unrar all the files and creat an iso file that you can burn.

4. Woolyman if you get a load of unpacked files - try this I am almost certain it will work.

- Open winrar software;
    - click on tools;
    -click on wizard;
    - choose option (unpack an archive - 1st option);
    - the chosse the folder that your unrar files have been unpacked - e.g download/san andreas;
    - click next;
    - choose your detination folder wherever you want it to be saved.
    - click next and the unrar files should then turn into an iso - maybe 5 minutes or so wait;

5. Choose your dvd burning software ( i use dvd decrypter for ps2 games).

- select file where dvd iso is stored

- choose mode, then iso write;

- click on dvd disc and that will burn your dvd iso.

hopefully thats you put your game in the ps2 and voila success.

Good luck

14. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

So how do I work the torrent files, because everytime i double click on it, it says open with the internet or with a listed program. And I can't get it to work unless that is the .iso file, i doubt it is.

15. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

A torrent file is like a link to a file you must install a torrent programme first like azureus http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
    When you double click the torrent azureus should open and begin to download.

16. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Ok just so you people know, this thread is illegal as far as the forum rules go. Downloading pirated material is illegal, so if you don't want to get banned don't talk about it anymore.

17. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Its not illegal if they own the original and it is scratched so the only way of getting a working copy is downloading it. Without buying the game again of course.

18. Getao7325

Getao7325 Member

Does anyone have a username and password I could use for the azureus website, I know it sounds stupid. The program won't let me do the downloading of the .torrent files in the program because I'm not logged in.

19. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Are you trying to download azureus or a torrent file and asking passwords is definetly against forum rule. I dont see why you need one though

20. Raiten

Raiten Regular member

Yeah i know Ozzy, but i didn't read anything about these being backups, i'm just giving you guys a heads up is all. Don't want ya guys getting banned :D

Getao: Just make an account if you have to. It's free i'm sure, it'll just take you a couple minutes.