1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning games using DVD-RW

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Poison47, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Poison47

Poison47 Member

Has anyone tried to burn a game using a DVD-RW? I like to load my burned games to my HDD and its a waste to burn them to a DVD-R and never use the disc again. So someone help me out please.

2. schweet

schweet Guest

Some games will work on RW, others wont. You can try since if you use an RW and it doesn't work it can be erased, as you know, so I guess you could use your RWs and if they don't work you'll have to use a recordable.

3. Thalelith

Thalelith Member

I bought recently DVD+RW myself thinking I could burn PS2 ISOs to it, is there any method of making use of these DVD+RWs at all? even at the sacrifice of the Rewritable option? or I must simply use DVD+R if I want to burn ISOs?

4. schweet

schweet Guest

If you burn to an RW there's not much chance the game will work, plus they can strain the laser in the PS2.

Stick to DVD-R for fat PS2s and DVD+R for slims.

5. Thalelith

Thalelith Member

Gah.. Go figure I'd waste my money on something like this. I'll just bitch out best buy and get my money back.
    Thanks for the info

6. schweet

schweet Guest

No worries mate.

And don't forget to only use quality discs such as Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden, Sony and Maxell. Don't use cheap crap, they wear out the PS2 laser and may not work at all.

7. Poison47

Poison47 Member

Thank you all!