1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by z3ro, Aug 28, 2004.

1. z3ro

z3ro Member

Isn't there games small enough to be able to burn into a regular cd with a cd-r? Without Using DvD burner? And if I use a program to download games, what do I unzip into the cd to burn? Alot of times I see them in zip files.

How do you use a harddrive for your ps2?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Yes there are CD based games for the PS2. Too many for me to list. WinZip will open files with a .zip extension. Usually these archives will contain a CD image file of some kind that can be burned with one of several CD burning programs depending on the extension of that file.

3. z3ro

z3ro Member

What files do you pull out to burn, or do i just burn everything in the zip folder?

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

It depends on that's in the .zip folder. Usually there will be a single image file or in many cases there will be two files, one with a .bin extension and the other with a .cue extension. If you get anything other than either of those situations you don't have an image file and burning is pointless.