1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by roblatacz, Mar 1, 2007.

1. roblatacz

roblatacz Regular member

Whats the best speed to burn my iso's at, is there any disadvantages to burning the iso to slow?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i always buy 8X DVD-R discs either from Verbatim, Taiyo YUden or Philips. Burn them at 4X and after more discs then i care to count it has worked perfect for me. On some discs, although i am sure some will disagree, burning too slow can have the same bad effects as burning too fast. Audio/Video problems.
    a 16X discs is not meant to be burned at 1X. 4X, 6X and sometimes even 8X is needed. The general rule back when i was a newbie was to burn them all at 1X speed, but then again the max speed of the DVD was 4X so that was right. Once 8X came out i started with burning them at 4X
    The program i used would do it (DVD Decrypter) no matter what i set the speed at. It would always burn at half the discs max speed.
    If i set it to 1X it still burned it at 3.8X anyway so i just started setting it to 4X

3. roblatacz

roblatacz Regular member

Ok thanks, once i get my swap magic disk im going to get some 16x verbatim, do you recommend i burn them at 8x?