1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning god Of War 2 DVD5 problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by reign360, Apr 6, 2007.

1. reign360

reign360 Member

Whats up guys. My method of booting is a little odd because my Swap Magic DVD is scratched in a certain area and fails when loading, so..........
    I boot with SM CD, then I boot CD LOader, hit X and pick one of the CD Loader betas. Then I eject CD loader and insert the broken Swap Magic DVD, which for some reason can be read in CD loader. HIt X again after it loads and I'm at a screen that says to put in your DVD. PHEWWWWWWWWWWw. I know its long and annoying, but it works...kinda. From that point on I have tried FOUR different DVD5 images of God of War 2. ALL of them get to the initial SONY ENT. screen, hang for a few minutes and then eventually get to the main menu. The movies do not play and the music is "skipping" through the whole thing. I actually got up to Colossus, but when I stab him in the eye, the screen goes black, I can hear the "dead" sound and it says "you have died". At first i thought i was hitting a worng button, but I realized I am not. Its the DVD. I've tried burning these with slow speeds and different DVD's but nothing is working.

Is there a patch for the DVD5 or something that I dont have?

2. reign360

reign360 Member

You guys bring some good fuckin luck! everytime i post an issue, i wind up figuring something else out.....anyways....when I do NOT load the Cd Loader beta part and just do the regualar method with CD Loader (as well as the method I described), it work sfine. Movies and everything!! I was playing with the kids and it was great.....up until the scene with the 2 people in the pool!!!! I was like DAMN, turn around!! someone shoulda warned me! lol, thanks for your help anyways.