1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning HD-DVD to DVD?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by itzjonny, Jan 18, 2007.

1. itzjonny

itzjonny Regular member

I probably will get some negative replies on this and sorry if this has been posted already.

Been Researchin around tho..

I was wondering if you have a HD-DVD but have a player for it but NO HD DVD BURNER yet, but I was wondering if I Burn HD-DVD to like maybe a DVD-DL R Disc or somthing would it work, or i need to have the hd-dvd disc and the hddvd burner to make this work, this means serious $$$ to buy em.

So Anything been told about HD-DVD to Regular DVD or DVD-DL or whatever..

thanks.

x.x

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Some HD video material from HD camcorders or downloads can be converted to MPEG-4 HD video and recorded on a DVD+/-R disc. The player will have to be able to recognize MPEG-4 video, and that is not very likely. Movies in HD video could have been available on red laser based discs/recorders/players without all the extra features; but that would not have introduced new royalties and patents--so no one did it except the Taiwanese. Blue laser is all about having people buy Bambiall over again and replacing their laser disc, VHS, and DVD versions.

3. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member