1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning help needed.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Hizagiza, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Hizagiza

Hizagiza Newbie

Hi all, first I'm a complete novice so I'll try and go into as much detail as I can.
    My xbox 360 slim is flashed via kamikaze mod.
    I've bought backups from websites online and they all work.
    Decided to buy an optiarc 5280s plus drive, installed into my PC all fine.
    Downloaded various backups ready for drive to be delivered and ran through abgx360 all okay. Using imgburn to burn the games onto vertabim discs, imgburn gives me a success message at the end of the burn no error messages throughout all looking good and then I try to play games with the xbox and I get disc unreadable message, if I tap x on the xbox dashboard to show game details in comes up with the game I've tried to backup so I've clearly done some part right but I just can't work out where I'm going wrong. The write speed in imgburn in 4x as this is the lowest I can get with the discs I've got but they are the mkm-003-00 discs. I've ordered some of the Singapore discs from eBay in hope but surely that can't be the problem. If anyone can help id appreciate it a hell of a lot. Getting frustrated here haha.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The only thing I could realy think of is that you didn't set the layer break correctly, did you use the .dvd file or did you set it manually?

3. Hizagiza

Hizagiza Newbie

I was under the impression that this was set by abgx360 in the .dvd file? Since opening the thread I've managed to get a copy of the evil within working although it's Spanish and I don't speak espanol. Other than that no others seem to want to work though.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If you use the .dvd file for burning that sets the layer break.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

use a text editor like notepad you can check the layer break

6. richietea

richietea Regular member

You may want to edit your post due to copyright and illegal downloads.In the meantime there are tutorials on settings that work for some people and not for others as there are different setups.So there is no definitive answer.Certain settings like turning off OPC,increasing/decreasing buffer size in ImgBurn etc can make a difference.People who bought the Sony drive were under the impression it was a out of the box solution due to it's overburn,but just like any other pc setup/system and drive it may need to be tweaked to get the best burn out of it.Time and time again i come across this drive amongst others having problems so it's not just a simple plug,play and burn situation.Defragging the HDD could help,burning in safe mode,not using the PC while burning,turning off background tasks and programs,turning off anti-virus software all these may have a positive impact.Also something that isn't mentioned is you might have a fussy xbox that struggles to read copied discs.Sometimes while flashing if the laser ribbon is not taken out it can weaken or burn out the laser.As you have got some things working we can discount the latter.A simple POT tweak on the laser might be answer.Try using nero to check the quality of your burns.If they are under the recommended guidelines i would say its an xbox problem and not a burn problem.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

A genuine good condition 360 game will determine the read issue,it also matters who ripped the game & how,if it's in your power install an rgh & forget about making coasters

8. Hizagiza

Hizagiza Newbie

Ritchietea, as I stated in my original question these are just backups I'm downloading. I own real copies of the games...
    Anyway thanks for all your replies I have however managed to work out my problem now by myself, basically my issue is to do with my setup, I have a laptop that I use for my downloads and then I was transferring the downloaded games to my desktop PC, I'm guessing this was kind of corrupting the files in the process as after downloading games directly to the desktop I've had 100% success rate. Thanks for your help though seriously I appreciate it.