1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning home video's to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Aro, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Aro

Aro Member

Hi all..
    My dad wanted to back up our homevideo's on dvd's, so he bought some software to record them and make some menu's for them..

We recorded the video (.mpg format) and he made some menu's for them. The problem is that the program can't identify our dvd-burner.. SO, I thought we'd burn 'm with Nero. But I don't know how.

You see, I have the videofile (.mpg) and a .exd file (wich, I believe, contains the layout info for the menu/scenes) and an .scn file (no idea what that is)..

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how I can succesfully burn these files with Nero?

thnx in advance..

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hmm..

first off, what program are you using to create the menus? i would sugggest to go out and just buy Dazzle DVD complete (i use it when i author movies to dvd) and it supports built in dvd burning..

also, what type of dvd burning do you have? do you have the latest firmware and latest updates for the movie menu creating software?

otherwise, you can also use nero to creat menus too or even moviemaker 2 (kind of crappy though)

hope that gives ya a start...

3. Aro

Aro Member

i'm using the latest version of Pinacle Instant Video Album to create the menu's. It also features build in DVD burning, but the program doesn't recognise our DVD writer.. so.. since we don't need the program to record or write the movies, and we can make the menu's with another program, guess we'll take it back to the retailer..

thnx anyway