1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning images multiple times... Need help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by olinono, Apr 5, 2005.

1. olinono

olinono Member

I am fairly new to this forum so I apologize if this question has been asked before.

I am burning images to a DVD-R and when I run the game the first time, the disc runs fine, right when I fire up the PS2. After the first time, it takes longer and longer for the game to fire up and eventually, does not work any longer. I have to burn multiple copies of a game over and over again. I was wondering if this problem has to do with the DVD media or the image that I use. Do I need to make changes to the image? If so, how? The DVD media I use is 1-8x Sony DVD-Rs. I also use Nero to burn the images.

If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Get some verbatims.
    And burn at no more than 2x.

My backups work perfect.
    Its either the media or the burn speed.

Good luck :)

3. olinono

olinono Member

Thanks for the reply. I am now thinking that the heat generated from the disc spinning could cause the disc to become unreadable. Does that sound correct? If so, will the Verbatim disc not heat up like the Sony discs so it will still be playable?

Again, thanks for your help. Thanks.

4. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

how do u know if the Verbatim you buy is the good ones or not?

Thanx

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest