1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning .iso and .bin problem in XP

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by torcida, Jan 19, 2003.

1. torcida

torcida Member

Hi guys,

I hope so that there is somebody who can help me.

Well, I have installed Windows XP last week. And now I got a problem with my burning-software.

Actually, I can burn everything as I could before. Except .iso and .bin files.

When I tried to burn one of those files, burning process ends after TOC (table of contens) was written (approx. 5% of entire process).
    And, what is strange, it doesn't metter which program I used. I have tried with EasyCD Creator 5 Platinum (updated), with new Nero, with CDR Win (3.8, 3.9), with Alcohol 120% (newest), and all of them gave me the same result. Hanging after 5% of burning.

I have Sony crx140E. I have updated (downgraded) firmware several times to check all possibilities... bun no... the result was the same.

Is there anybody who have had same problem... or somebody who can help me.?? Do I have to go back to Windows 98 :)))))...? to get it work...I have to say that I burned same files under the Win98 without the problem. It means that it was not up to files.

Thanks in advance.

Torcida

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

You have checked the DMA settings for IDE controller?

3. torcida

torcida Member

Hi,

I checked DMA settins for IDE. It stands on "DMA if available". Both IDE's.

I need to stress that I finally got burned my iso (and bin) files, but with a help from WindowsXP Iso burner which I downloaded (from one or another place, can't remember now).

Despite of that, the old problem with ordinary burning programs is still present. All of them hangs as described in my very first message.

If you have some other ideas I will be gratefull to hear about it.

thanks in advance

torcida

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Feurio! has a little diagnostic feature that gives you information about the drivers loaded in your system. Might be worth a look.

5. torcida

torcida Member

Hello cd-rw.org and everybody else,

I used past two-three days to install-reinstall burning software, and to analise test what actually happens with my sony crx140e.

Well, there are some new issues in my case. Shortly:
    - Two of my favorite software (Nero with last 5.10 update, Easy CD Creator with new update) are capable to write CD's. Data burning is going well. Audio burning (track at once mode)too. (S)VCD burning (track at once mode) as well. My problem is that Sony causes system hang in Disc at once mode. And, no metter which software I use(d).
    When I change to Track at once, it's going well.

So... it looks like I have given wrong information in my first post.

That's because of trying to burn some iso and bin files which (I think so) are burned in Disc at once mode. After that, I tried to burn some audio (same method) and the same thing happend. I thought that I can't burn at all.
    But now I have to say that the only (if I may say "the only") problem is disc at once burning mode.

So if you, or somebody else, have some tips about it, I'll appreciate it.

One more time
    - OS -> XP pro
    - CD-RW -> Sony crx140E (firmware 1.0p)
    - Software -> Nero, Easy, Alcohol, Blind, CDrWin,... you nema it.

Thanks in advance

torcida

6. quizface

quizface Member

I read same were that the Sony crx140E need windowsXP SP1 to work. Check aspi as well:
    "winaspi.dll" and "wowpost.exe" must stay in System;
    "wnaspi32.dll" must stay in System32;
    "aspi32.sys" must stay in System32/Drivers.
    To do this download "aspichk.exe" to check and "aspi32.exe" to update if incorrect.