1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING ISO FILES. possible with nero??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JoeDirt00, Aug 28, 2004.

1. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

I HAVE A BUNCH OF ISO Files how do i burn them with nero

2. ps2dude

ps2dude Member

Try "burn an image file"

3. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

there all rar files though when i unrar them its a ps2 game so theres no image in them

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

What you have is a bunch of .rar files that contain a single ISO file. The ISO file is the image. Use the burn image file function in Nero on the ISO file after you have extracted it from the .rar files.

5. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

can u please be more spesific, because i extrated one of them and it dosnt contain anything but random ps2 files no image files. sorry im new to this shit

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Then there is nothing you can do. Having the files of the game itself is of no help since they do not contain the description of where they are physically located on the disc. This is what an image files is. It contains all of the data files and their specific location on the disc.

7. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

all the files are numbered though like 001 002 and stuff

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Ok, it would appear that somebody packed an .rar archive into an .rar archive. Extract all of the numbered extension files then open the .001 archive and extract it.

9. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

ok i did now what. burn it>?

10. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Assuming what you got from that archive was an image file, yes. Make sure to use your software's burn image function otherwise you will just end up with a disc with an image file on it.

11. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

ok now i extrated them all now its only 1 rar file. when i double click on it, it shows me what the file contains ex. system cnf other words its the ps2 game but question is how do i burn it? it originally was a ISO

12. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If the rar file contains files such as the system.cnf and such we're back to what I said above, it's not an image file (ISO or otherwise) and not burnable.

13. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If I might make a suggestion I would stick to just doing disc to disc copies using your sofwares disc copy function if I were you until I got a better understanding of what you are doing. Downloading and burning games isn't legal in many contries and can get very confusing such as the current sitation.

14. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

theres nothing confusion about it its an ISO i just to to convert it to an iso and burn it. cause i extracted it all and its 1 rar file. i have to make it an iso how do i do that

15. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If what you got was a single .rar file when you extracted it then that file is an .rar archive as well. Extract it's contents to continue.

16. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

yea i extracted it all and its now one big rar file, but its an iso so i need a program to covert it to an iso image so i can burn it to a dvd get what im sayin?

17. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

You don't convert .rar files, you extract the contents and burn that. If you extract a .rar archive and another .rar archive comes out, someone played a sick joke on you and you need to then extract that .rar.

18. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

dude i dont think so cause i seen the comments ppl posted up sayin its good and it works but it dosnt come with a nfo or readme

19. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

A .rar file is not a CD image. It is a compress archive that contains one or more files. Any file that has a .rar extension needs to have it's contents using WinRAR. If you extract a .rar file and a .rar file comes out, extract that file using WinRAR. Again, a .rar file is not a CD or DVD image and cannot be converted to one. They are two totally different things.

20. JoeDirt00

JoeDirt00 Guest

im gonna try openin that rar file and extracting the other files into a folder see what comes up