1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning .iso image

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by SP33DY, Apr 26, 2005.

1. SP33DY

SP33DY Member

Hey
    I am a real newbie to this sort of thing so was really excited when I found this place. Ok here is my problem. I was backing up a movie with shrink and made a .iso image from it. Then I tried to burn it to a DVD with Nero. I chose DVD-ROM(iso) from the scroll down list on the left when I launch Nero. I then switched to Nero express because I think its easy to use, added my iso file and burnt it. It told me that the file was larger than 2GB and could not be read by windows but i didnt care as I wanted it to play on a DVD. After it was done I tested it out and it didnt work. Can someone tell me what i have to do to burn a .iso file b/c I dont want to waste any more dvds. Thanks.

2. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

use dvd decrypter along with shrink and it will do it automatically

3. SP33DY

SP33DY Member

And how do i do that exactly?

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

SP33DY ,
    Below is a guide that you can use. DVDDecrypter is used here as Shrink will burn the .iso image file automatically w/ it. Since I am doing this at work I do not think I forgot any of the steps. This in my opinion is faster than Nero

1. Make a folder on your Desktop> call it Rip Movies

2. Open DVD Shrink> click Open Files (find the file you put there the first time)> Shrink does quick analysis

3. Movie Only Option

a. Go to Re-author and Click

b. Under Main movie slide the main movie to the left under DVD Structure

c. You can now remove the languages you do not want and the audio you do not want.

4. Go to Edit and click Preferences. Now you will see a Blue Box that says -" DVD-5(4.7 g.b.). Now Change that to Custom and to the right of that change the # to 4300. This will not now let you burn to the outer rim.

5. Look under File I/O and make sure" Enable Burning with Nero" does not have a check mark in the box.

6. Click Select Backup Target > click" Iso Image file and burn with DVDDecrypter"

7. Select Target Image File> Browse>desktop> Rip Movie ( file you made)

8. click O.K

9. It will now do analysis and then encode the movie and automatically burn with DVDDecrypter

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

To burn an iso in dvd decrypter click/mode/iso write.

6. buttmunch

buttmunch Member

MOD EDIT: If you ever spam or try to recruit members with off topic posts again you'll be banned.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005