1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning ISO mode: Files sorted 0123abc automaticly :(

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by SteveJoy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. SteveJoy

SteveJoy Member

Hi,

This is my problem:
    I want to backup my music or video files with nero.
    So I choose my medium: dvd 5
    Than I choose burn type: ISO, the one on top of the list (music/video/etc.)
    So when I drag&drop my files, Nero automaticaly stores the files in 0123ABC type.
    So for example: if I have 2 music files song1: STARTING ROCK --- DON'T GO ,and song2: EDDIE THONEICK FEAT BERGET LEWIS --- DEEPER LOVE
    And I put song1 in Nero first and than put song2 in it, Nero automaticaly changes song1 to second place and song2 to first place.

Now that my problem, I hope there is a simple explanation for this.
    if not I probably have to name each song 001 002 003 etc.
    If that's the only option does anyone know if there is another burning program that does what I want.(I already tryed different burning programs)

Please help me with this problem, if I have to do it all manualy it would take ages.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm still working on it ;)

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Are you going to burn these files to an audio CD where you will loose the title information anyway, or as MP3s?

I think I have read the only way around you problems is as you suggest.

If you use iTunes, it seems to allow for giving a track number along with a title, so maybe burning from there would work. But I don't know of a way to get Nero, or Windows to list the files in another order except for size, etc.

** I may need to revise this. I am currently experimenting with Nero Burning ROM making an audio CD, and it seems to appear I can add files one at a time in the order I choose, as long as there isn't a green up or down arrow in the titles box. Be advised, that if you arrange them in your order and hit the titles box, they will be rearranged.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  3. SteveJoy

SteveJoy Member

I don't think you know what my problem is, but thanks anyway.
    I'm not making an audio cd, I'm want to backup my audio files / video files on a dvd (using Nero's DVD-ROM iso burning mode).
    In the order I like, not what Nero does: 0123abc

4. SteveJoy

SteveJoy Member

Please anyone.
    I think there is probably a simple explanation for this maybe as an option in Nero but I can't find it.

I just want to put my music songs in the order that I want (like the order on the cd the music is ripped of).
    But if I choose DVD ROM (ISO) (to backup the music file to dvd) Nero changes the order of the song's I place in the list automaticaly puts the song with nr. 0001.blabla.mp3 and than 0002...0003...etc.

5. ukuser1

ukuser1 Member

Hi

In the Nero Burning Rom ISO1_DVD window which has these column headings

Name, Size, Type, Modified, Origin

I assume that the sort order in the ISO1_DVD window is name

Try using sort order of Origin. i.e. click on the Origin column heading.

Also you can use the right mouse button and use
    Arrange Icons by Name, Type, Size and Date

6. SteveJoy

SteveJoy Member

Thanks, that works.
    If I first put all the files in the order I want in a single map and than import the files to Nero it works fine if I use sorting option to origin.

thanks a lot for this solution it saves me a lot of time instead of numbering all the sons one at the time.