1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning issue

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by paul5619, Nov 26, 2004.

1. paul5619

paul5619 Member

as anyone come across this problem before.......
    when i burn a dvd it plays in 2 of my dvd players but not my main one which i dont want to change.
    the only thing is when i play copies friends have done on thier pc they play fine.
    always use same programs/media and burn speeds as friends so no obvious reasons for this.
    have taken lots of advice and tried lots of different media but still no good.........
    anyone..............
    cheers

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey paul5619. I see you are still having issues with that stand alone player. I think you might be the one who i said it might be format issues in another forum here at AD. I was having trouble with my apex stand alone not playing anything from my pc burner. I just fixed that problem. I just got a new benq 1610 dual format this morning. I made 2 backups one with a + burn and one with a - burn. Both backups play on the apex now. Its like the apex didn't want to recognize my burn from my other "hypermedia".A laser issue. This was a case where format compatability,media, or burn speed made no difference in this standalone.Simply a variation among burners. Hope this may help you or the many people with the same problem."DUAL FORMAT" more flexibility for standalone playback. later

3. paul5619

paul5619 Member

hello again......
    my main problem is i need to know why...........
    if its a problem with the player how come it will play any other copy anyone else has done on the same media.
    its got me paranoid that its something im doing wrong.
    Also the dvd in question matches with the amplifier and id prefer to keep them.........

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey again paul, It still sounds like your burner is causing the problems. It has a little variation in the laser so that your problematic standalone will not read it even though your other players play it. I don't know if the burner is a pc or a standalone burner. Either way , something is screwy in you burner. How close are you to your friends? See if they will lone their burner to you to try out. If that copy plays ok in that problematic standalone then its just a simple burner issue. Just something you might want to try out. later

5. paul5619

paul5619 Member

thanx for the advice.....
    Already tried the friends thing and when they burn a disc ive copied it does work so must be a burner thing.
    really just wondering if theres anything i can do to put it right.
    dont mind getting a second burner fitted but how do i know if this will work?
    or do i just scrap the dvd player ):

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hay paul, There is 1 more thing you can try on your burner. You might be able to update you firmware. You'll have to look up your burner model name and # if you try that route. I am not sure how to do this and I don't know how to add links to the firmware update site. Good luck

7. paul5619

paul5619 Member

thanks again saugmon
    already updated firmware last night..
    time to take out the hammer i think.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey paul, if worse comes to worse for the burner. Try to get a "dual format burner". That will give you more options to play your backups on that dreaded stand alone that you don't want to get rid of.That player should be ok since it plays your friends backups in it. That benq 1610 I just got today took care of my apex issue.Only $50.00 after rebate from staples.The prices are falling. Good luck in which route you take.bye