1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Issues

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by triglyph, Nov 26, 2003.

1. triglyph

triglyph Guest

I understand that you need to create a disk image to burn in Toast in order for the DVD to work properly. Some questions?

1. What is the best way to create a disk image?

2. Why is it necessary? I don't understand why it doesn't work to just copy the VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD-R. What is it that a DVD player is looking for in order to correctly start up a DVD and open the menus, etc.?

3. I've also been told that it works to create a folder named DVDVOLUME on the desktop; put the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders into it and then burn in Toast using the DVD option. Is this correct?

2. nbr10

nbr10 Member

You do not necessarly need to create a disc image in order to burn successfully. When you use DVDBackup for example it leaves you with two folders in the destination directory. One called VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.

You can then proceed to Drop these folders into your Toast window and burn them with the DVD-UDF setting. (This is for toast 6...the wording maybe different in older versions)

The resulting disk should be playable in your DVD Player.

However some Movies like Disney flicks and Xmen 2 require a diskimage be made first as DVDBackup tends to choke on them.

You can use OSEx to accompolish this.