1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Kazza Divx Movies

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Neromania, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Neromania

Neromania Regular member

Sorry, if i sound too much of a newbie, but I noticed that many divx movies available thru kazza are a little bit over 700 mbs. However, Nero tells me that they wont fit onto my 700 mb cd-r's UNLESS i "finalize" it. Any ideas to what that means? And should i click yes? How will finalizing effect the divx movie?? Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Its because you are creating a multisession cd. But if 700mb is the cd max then you can hardly write any on it later anyway. Do finalyze it. Those files are made that size so that they fit perfectly onto 700mb disks.

3. aqua

aqua Guest

The finalization process only mean that you won't be able to add more data on your cd after you burned it. It won't affect the movie. You SHOULD finalize the movie you burn on cd because, like Dela said, you won't need to put more data (add a new session) on the same data. And I heard somewhere (maybe it's just an urban legend, do someone know ?) that finalized cd-r are easier (and faster) to read.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ye they are supposidly more compatible when finalyzed