1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning keylauncher

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by insanecon, Jan 15, 2005.

1. insanecon

insanecon Member

hey..
    i have the keylauncher elf and i hav created a memory card exploit...
    but the problem is that my ps2 modchip doesnt play psone backups....
    so how can i burn keylauncher onto a cd so it can launch applications from the memory card...
    if there is any other software which can do this could you tell me the name and how to boot them?

2. Quake-69

Quake-69 Member

3. insanecon

insanecon Member

i put the elf for keylauncher on my usb drive...
    and then loaded armax...then media player...
    then ran keylauncher and it loaded my memory card exploit...
    but cant i just burn keylauncher to boot from a cdr the same way u can burn media player on a cd-r?

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I have been trying to run keylauncher right off a Cd without ever loading it to the mc. The problem is that the program is designed to load the KL.dat file off the memory card. So you can still run it on your cd, but you need to inject the kldat file onto the mem card.

I found launchelf was a MUCH esier install. Just put it on a NEW FOLDER and rename it to BOOT.ELF, then put EVERY OTHER .elf app that you want to run on your ps2 in that same folder. Now grab the SYSTEM.CNF file that you have from your MC exploit or ANYWHERE else you may have seen one. Open it up with notepad and make it say this

BOOT2 = cdrom0:\BOOT.ELF;1
    VER = 1.00
    VMODE = NTSC

then close it and save it. Drop that into your folder. If you are running an emulator or emulators from this disk then make a new folder for each emu you have. Inside each of the folders drop the roms for THAT emulator.

Keep going till your satisfied. Also you may want to include hdloader and ps2media on there.

Open nero and copy the contents of your new folder over to the burn window.

Burn the whole thing and put it in your PS2.

When it starts it will load into launchelf. Press select to assign elfs to each button. I set mine up so that after 30 seconds it auto boots into Snes (for my wife) and then asigned "O" to HDloader and that was it (I only use those 2 apps)

Now I NEVER have to open my ps2. If I want to play an emulator I turn it on and let it boot through on its own. If I want to play a PS2 game I just select hdloader when the program opens. And the best part is it only uses about 5kb on the memory card to save your key asignments.

Note: the saved info on your MC shows up as "corrupted data" DO NOT delete it or you will have to re-assign the buttons.

Hope that helps.

5. insanecon

insanecon Member

thx...
    it does help...
    im going to try and burn keylauncher to a cdr....
    i already have injected my custom made exploit on my memory card...
    will try and let you know if it works

6. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

I am almost certain it wont work.

If it doesnt then just pull keylauncher out and download a program called LAUNCHELF.ELF Rename it to BOOT.ELF and put it in place of keylauncher and it will work perfect from the CD.