1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning larger than 4GB PS2 games with FAT32 HD...?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Harry001, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Harry001

Harry001 Member

Hi,
    as you may have already guessed, my hard drive is not formatted using NTFS, and thus cannot handle files larger than 4GB. I have ripped the game I want (Devil May Cry) using DVD Decrypter, which produced the .MDS file and the .ISO split up into .I00 and .I01.
    My question is, how can I burn these files onto a DVD? Nero doesn't recognize the .I00 or .I01 files, and neither does Alcohol recognize the .MDS file.
    Is there a way around this, without having to create an NTFS HD\partition?

Thanks in advance for any replies

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

just use dvd decrypter to burn the image, all you need to do is select mode iso write then select the mds file, dvd decrypter will automaticly re-assemble the image file whan it burns it

3. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

I had the same problem as you about 2 months ago. I tried many ways to back up large games and had no success. I think the only way to do this is to re-format your filing system. It is very, very easy and you do not lose any data what so ever. I posted a thread on this issue. If you are running Windows XP, it is recommended that you do this anyway. Check it out.

http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.me...://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/99974

4. Harry001

Harry001 Member

Hi,
    I just converted my file system to NTFS and everything works fine now. If I knew I could do this and not lose any data I would've done it a long time ago.
    Thanks for the tips, and keep up the good work ;)